Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-01-19, 09:14 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
While Trump may have hurt the prices, everything else is getting cheaper so really it evens out for us Americans, though I do not believe same can be said about Brexit and whatnot.
It's Brexit more than the US administration I would say, yeah. It's usually cheaper to buy from a German retailer now even when the GBP to EUR conversion rate is so in my favour. In years gone past if the rates were that in my favour, buying from the UK would be a no-brainer. But even with that, the UK is still prohibitively expensive because it was so weakened by Brexit.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 11-01-19, 10:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Haha, interesting how this thread has gone from additional performance numbers of the new Radeon VII surfacing, to now being almost political and about the trade war between the US and China...
Old 11-01-19, 10:24 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post

Haha, interesting how this thread has gone from additional performance numbers of the new Radeon VII surfacing, to now being almost political and about the trade war between the US and China...
My favourite forums have always been the ones where folks can take a tangent but not go toooooooooo far off. Like going for a walk and taking the offbeat track that's still in the right general direction of the mountain peak.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 12-01-19, 01:14 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Its still relevant. Some people are not happy about the pricing. The political landscape between US and China may be a factor into that and why the VII is more expensive than hoped for.
My point to that was while it may cost more, for Americans everything else has either remained the same or gotten cheaper, so it evens out for us, but as Angry said, that is not the case for him and is a reason he is upset over the price.