Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-06-20, 08:34 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Really not that big its just tall. Especially the non drive version. Volume is probably similar to other consoles tbh

Might just be me but I just don't see it being that much bigger tbh

Old 14-06-20, 09:37 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if its been done intentional in order to exaggerate the "PS5 Slim" at a later time.

If this hardware is at its limits, slimming this could be difficult, but if you bloat the original, its not that hard.

I reckon down the line Sony will release a PS5 Pro with the full GPU like the XBSX has and make the chassis a bit shorter but wider, Maybe, Time will tell.
Old 14-06-20, 09:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I honestly wouldnt be surprised if its been done intentional in order to exaggerate the "PS5 Slim" at a later time.

If this hardware is at its limits, slimming this could be difficult, but if you bloat the original, its not that hard.
They don't need bloat to easily slim these devices, the slimming comes from the fact they can use more efficient nodes later on and therefore much smaller coolers/cases.

Similarly they don't need to "Leave performance on the table" to create later Pro models. Tech moves on, Microsoft will just use a smaller node and create a chip larger than is even physically possible now with their "Pro" model.

We probably won't see Slim/Pro models until we've been at 5nm for quite a while, probably some late derivative of it or a stepping stone to 3nm.
Old 14-06-20, 11:04 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
They don't need bloat to easily slim these devices, the slimming comes from the fact they can use more efficient nodes later on and therefore much smaller coolers/cases.

Similarly they don't need to "Leave performance on the table" to create later Pro models. Tech moves on, Microsoft will just use a smaller node and create a chip larger than is even physically possible now with their "Pro" model.

We probably won't see Slim/Pro models until we've been at 5nm for quite a while, probably some late derivative of it or a stepping stone to 3nm.

I think we will see a PS5 Pro model, MS having the "fully unlocked/uncut" chip is a selling point and once the process becomes a bit cheaper, No company is going to sneeze at the ability to gain extra revenue.
Old 14-06-20, 03:20 PM
OC3D Elite

I think I will pick one up though. Hopefully with PS Now, I can catch up on old titles.
Old 16-06-20, 06:54 AM
Resident Newb

Zen 3 may be delayed until 2021 apparently due to high demand for Ryzen 3000 so no real rush for Zen 3, Reports Taiwanese newspaper Digitimes which is one of Taiwans biggest tech news sources.

https://wccftech.com/amd-allegedly-d...-cpus-to-2021/
Old 16-06-20, 07:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Zen 3 may be delayed until 2021 apparently due to high demand for Ryzen 3000 so no real rush for Zen 3, Reports Taiwanese newspaper Digitimes which is one of Taiwans biggest tech news sources.

https://wccftech.com/amd-allegedly-d...-cpus-to-2021/
I don't see why would they. Intel is probably launching Rocket Lake S in early 2021. Why wait? If they go out in October along with the launch of new GPUs it will be the culling of Intel.
Old 16-06-20, 07:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
I don't see why would they. Intel is probably launching Rocket Lake S in early 2021. Why wait? If they go out in October along with the launch of new GPUs it will be the culling of Intel.
wccftech should be banned from quick news. Its literally a site based on rumors with nothing but "internal sources"
Old 16-06-20, 08:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
wccftech should be banned from quick news. Its literally a site based on rumors with nothing but "internal sources"
They did say it is a rumor from Taiwan and they stated opinion. So take it with a bag of salt.
Old 16-06-20, 09:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
They did say it is a rumor from Taiwan and they stated opinion. So take it with a bag of salt.
What I was trying to imply is that I could say AMD just bought Intel and then site it as an internal source which is what they usually do. Easily refutable but it gets the hits.

here is the bad translation of it.

"Motherboard industry said that the Ryzen 3000 series is hot, and Supermicro has also extended its life cycle, and it is determined that the new generation plan will not be launched in September. It will use the TSMC 7nm EUV Zen 3 architecture Ryzen 4000 series processor, the fastest 2020 Mass production will only begin at the end of the year, announced at CES in January 2021, and it is currently unknown whether the process will be changed to 5 nm EUV."

And yet they bloat an entire article on this. Furthermore, WCCFtech states there are reports that AMD might skip 7nm and jump to 5nm... They presume this from one sentence which doesn't even imply anything. Usman is a world leader in spreading false info, just look at the history. He even snipes at other sites when they get something wrong.