Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Dude my mother's house is like a museum. Seriously, she spends her whole life cleaning it.

But yeah, my ex wife was the complete opposite. I'm sorta like somewhere in the middle. I clean some I hoover every week but I'm not big into dusting or any of that nonsense.

I do like clean clothes and beds though, so I make sure those are taken care of.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Dust is my enemy, One of the first things I do every morning is give my room a go over with a feather duster, Desk, Rig, Any flat surface, I don't do it due to OCD but rather my severe dust allergy that will puff up my eyes and have me sneezing 10+ times in 1 sitting, After the dusting "with a little cheap filter mask on" I vacuum.

Whole thing takes maybe 5 minutes every morning, When I move house in 4 weeks though I won't have to do it as it's all wooden floors so only 1-2 times per week
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Dust is my enemy, One of the first things I do every morning is give my room a go over with a feather duster, Desk, Rig, Any flat surface, I don't do it due to OCD but rather my severe dust allergy that will puff up my eyes and have me sneezing 10+ times in 1 sitting, After the dusting "with a little cheap filter mask on" I vacuum.

Whole thing takes maybe 5 minutes every morning, When I move house in 4 weeks though I won't have to do it as it's all wooden floors so only 1-2 times per week
Feather duster, doesn't that just move the dust somewhere else? I use a wet cloth to pick it up and bin it.
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Trust me, coming from someone with wooden floors. You will still need to do it more often than 1-2 times. I have same issue as you. Luckily this new dyson fan I bought is helping alot. I strongly recommend one if you are willing to drop about 700quid on it

What you forget is that alot of dust gets blown in from outside too, e.g. windows open, front door open and close, general "dead skin" etc. clothes pick it up. I dont go to that extreme with dusk mask though, but I still felt the effects until I got the Dyson purifier.
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Feather duster, doesn't that just move the dust somewhere else? I use a wet cloth to pick it up and bin it.
I wipe it all onto the floor then vacuum it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Trust me, coming from someone with wooden floors. You will still need to do it more often than 1-2 times. I have same issue as you. Luckily this new dyson fan I bought is helping alot. I strongly recommend one if you are willing to drop about 700quid on it

What you forget is that alot of dust gets blown in from outside too, e.g. windows open, front door open and close, general "dead skin" etc. clothes pick it up. I dont go to that extreme with dusk mask though, but I still felt the effects until I got the Dyson purifier.
The floors are laminated so no carpet to create oodles of dust and fluff, I know it won't be HUGELY different but it will be noticeable.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I wipe it all onto the floor then vacuum it up

The floors are laminated so no carpet to create oodles of dust and fluff, I know it won't be HUGELY different but it will be noticeable.
Check out the "Dyson pure hot and cool". Oustanding fan and worth every penny. I dont wake up with a blocked nose or tears in my eyes anymore. Removes about 99% of the crap in the air.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Check out the "Dyson pure hot and cool". Oustanding fan and worth every penny. I dont wake up with a blocked nose or tears in my eyes anymore. Removes about 99% of the crap in the air.
I'll get that as a crimbo pressie for myself, Thanks for the suggestion