Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 10-02-18, 10:50 AM

Restart issue after f10 out of bios

I had an issue last night when I selected f10 save/exit bios that my rig did not restart.
I run rampage v ed 10 / 6950x cpu with windows 10 home edition.
I had to clear cmos server times to get it to reboot eventually so then shut down and checked all connection to my mobo, cleared cmos again restart rig and in bios just loaded asus defaults, which it started fine. Then spent the next hour in and out or bios putting my standard running configuration back one setting at a time, which seems to be fine.
Only thing I haven't done is set up a custom/manual fan profile in bios yet as since Microsoft changed the micro code last time fubared my asus ai suit and now I'm using bios fan control, as I haven't had time to fit my fan controller as yet.
Do any of you guys/girls think this is the microcode patch causing the problem or am I missing something.

Old 10-02-18, 11:20 AM
OC3D Crew

I would not use the asus software tbh as its buggy at best use bios or get speedfan.
As for microcode it is possible yes given the issue it caused last time the pushed it out
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 10-02-18, 11:23 AM
OC3D Elite

When you say microcode patch do you mean you flashed the bios? or the board flashed itself? or a software thing?

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.
Old 10-02-18, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
When you say microcode patch do you mean you flashed the bios? or the board flashed itself? or a software thing?
No sorry should of said I running latest bios for my board already.. I was meaning the windows patch with its micro code change for specta etc... Just checked on asus Web site I'm running 1801 which is the latest bios for mine
Old 10-02-18, 02:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie long View Post
No sorry should of said I running latest bios for my board already.. I was meaning the windows patch with its micro code change for specta etc... Just checked on asus Web site I'm running 1801 which is the latest bios for mine
Oh OK. I was going to say, if you didn't clear CMOS before updating your bios this sort of thing can happen.

However, something similar did happen to me very recently. After the update my PC wouldn't boot. It just sat at a spinning logo for over an hour. I rebooted it, no POST. So something weird is going on with that update. IDK if it is injecting something into the bios or not, but I would imagine it is.

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.