Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 15-12-17, 11:45 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
OT. Tom is that you running in the beach refresh pic?

Id only be running if they were closing the bar.....

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 15-12-17, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I've seen people giving it 6/10, etc. But you must remember to add on good film tax they've taken away, in reality it's probably a 9/10 compared to every other movie. Haven't seen it myself yet though.
I watched it last night and then made the mistake of looking at some user reviews. I have been a Star Wars fan since my uncle introduced me to A New Hope when I was 5 in 1995. While I've had critical opinions on pretty much every piece of Star Wars media it's never stopped me from enjoying it for what it is and what it introduces.

The Last Jedi is no different in this regard. It's not perfect, but it's bloody enjoyable! I regretted going to watch Thor: Ragnarok a few weeks ago as I would've rather spent the money on the Blu-ray rather than the cinema ticket. Really not the case here. If I had the spare cash I'd watch it again in a heartbeat.

The people giving low scores either cannot let go of their own nostalgic vision of Star Wars and appreciate the vision of someone else, or are trolls. The film has objective issues and flaws but it's not the car crash it's being made out to be.

Either way it's the same issue that every media franchise has faced since the dawn of media. The bigger the franchise gets the more vocal the haters are.
Old 15-12-17, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
I watched it last night and then made the mistake of looking at some user reviews. I have been a Star Wars fan since my uncle introduced me to A New Hope when I was 5 in 1995. While I've had critical opinions on pretty much every piece of Star Wars media it's never stopped me from enjoying it for what it is and what it introduces.

The Last Jedi is no different in this regard. It's not perfect, but it's bloody enjoyable! I regretted going to watch Thor: Ragnarok a few weeks ago as I would've rather spent the money on the Blu-ray rather than the cinema ticket. Really not the case here. If I had the spare cash I'd watch it again in a heartbeat.

The people giving low scores either cannot let go of their own nostalgic vision of Star Wars and appreciate the vision of someone else, or are trolls. The film has objective issues and flaws but it's not the car crash it's being made out to be.

Either way it's the same issue that every media franchise has faced since the dawn of media. The bigger the franchise gets the more vocal the haters are.
Yeah exactly that.
Old 15-12-17, 03:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Id only be running if they were closing the bar.....
it seems it is the background under the whole forum. When I am on mobile internet it loads that first and there's some dude jogging down a beach

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 15-12-17, 09:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I managed to purloin the new It the other night. Not watched it yet though, but will over the next few days
Don't buy into the original hype and take it for what it is and it's not a bad film, as long as your not think of the book
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 15-12-17, 09:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Don't buy into the original hype and take it for what it is and it's not a bad film, as long as your not think of the book
Never read the book but loved the first one. Kinda like The Goonies meets horror.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die