Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-12-17, 09:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Maxwell to Pascal really can't be compared. Nvidia spent millions (supposedly billions) increasing the efficiency of their architecture, something AMD does not have the capital to do. Nvidia went from an ageing 28nm to a very efficient 16nm. And despite what we've seen, Pascal is a new architecture. However you want to look at it, it is still a new architecture and Ryzen 2 isn't. GF's new 12nm is indeed said to be very efficient, but I don't see why they'll add additional cores when it's mostly clock speed that was holding back Ryzen.

Ultimately we don't need 12 cores on the mainstream platform. We don't even need 5Ghz. AMD could be conservative like they were with Ryzen (assumedly) and aim for a 4Ghz base and 4.5Ghz boost and still do really well. Good silicon might be able to overclock on all cores to 4.6Ghz. That's a worthy upgrade for those on an R5 1600. I know I'd strongly consider an 8-core 4.6Ghz R7 2700 over my 4Ghz 6-core 1600X. The beauty of Ryzen was that it offered great performance at every level, from the enthusiast (6900K) to the more budget conscious (7350K). It gave people an upgrade path. Intel never really offered that. If you wanted more cores then you had to switch platform.

A more apt comparison would be Haswell to Devil's Canyon. Intel simply improved the manufacturing process. No, it wasn't a die shrink, but technically 14nm to 12nm isn't much of a die shrink either.

Also, if a 12c/24t CPU is released in three months time for $450, what on earth is Zen 2 in 2019 going to bring? Where do you go from there? You've already got a CPU so powerful that it would dwarf everything. If there's going to be a 12c/24t CPU coming to the mainstream market, it'll be with Zen 2 and won't clock to 5.1Ghz and it won't cost $450. That's my 2c.
TBH man we didn't really need 8 yet, but it is nice to have

Guys - apologies for the verbal diarrhoea. Something isn't right with these new anti depressants I am on. I just feel confused all of the time, and thus I am going mental trying to explain things I could normally explain very quickly.

Am going to phone the shrink today. Other day I fell over face first into a pile of bikes in the hall so something has to be done. I wasn't even looking where I was going.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 11-12-17, 12:42 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't think you should have to apologise for explaining yourself. I enjoy reading your posts.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 11-12-17, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I don't think you should have to apologise for explaining yourself. I enjoy reading your posts.
I'm not feeling right mate. I really just am not. I feel so bloody foggy all of the time. Maybe it is because I am trying to actually do stuff, yet am being severely limited by all of the anti psychotics. It is fine when I do nothing but yeah, how any one with Bipolar actually bloody functions on all of this junk is a mystery.

I want to try and come off the Venlaflaxine soon. I am pretty sure that is the cause.

The other day I was walking down my hallway not even looking where I was going. Walked straight into two bikes, then fell over them face first and got a black eye from the grip end. Could have bloody blinded me. Thing is these two bikes are not even on the path of the hallway. They are tucked under the stair case ffs.

I gotta stop with the physical hobbies tbh.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 11-12-17, 01:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Medication can be a blessing and a curse. I've spoken to so many who have been 'zombified' or turned into someone they are not with medication. Fortunately I've never experienced that. I'm a loser with meds and a loser without.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 14-12-17, 08:46 AM

Interesting..

Crytek Sues Star Citizen Makers For Breaching Contract
Old 14-12-17, 09:03 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Sharing code?

It's a free Engine... Don't see how that claim works. The others are something else worth looking into
Old 14-12-17, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Sharing code?

It's a free Engine... Don't see how that claim works. The others are something else worth looking into
Well it must have been licensed code or IP that's not included in the engine.
Old 14-12-17, 12:26 PM
too many shrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

I want to try and come off the Venlaflaxine soon. I am pretty sure that is the cause.

I'm bipolar myself dude, and in my personal opinion the best thing I ever did was get off Venlaflaxine. hell I steer clear of all anti depressants was told to by the doc who diagnosed me to, I know everyone's different and what works for me might not for you, but bare it in mind dude. Hope you feel better soon mate
Old 15-12-17, 06:01 AM

Writing for OC3D? I'm so confused!

I'm totally confused here? I don't know what you guys want when it comes to news articles. I don't want to write an article that may result in some type of plagiarism.

Say for example Intel Chipsets. Do I read someone else's article on the latest news and revise it? I might as well just post links to the website so others can just read it for themselves. It's like Tom Logan writing a new article. Then I just revise it and submit it as new news when in fact it's old news cause he already did it. I'm just re-wording it.

Plus there's people already beating me to the punch line. I just saw an article on Qualcomms new battery life compared to Intel's battery life 10 minutes ago while writing this reply. So If I write about it here, it's close to 20 minutes old and someone has already reported on it. All I can do is revise it and give a link to where I got the source from.

I'm just confused on what type of a writer you are looking for. I don't like copying others reviews or news. Unless I can talk to Intel personally and be the first to report on their latest news. Then it's not plagiarism. But I'm sure they have their sources already picked out.