Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 18-11-17, 04:48 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
I thought NL would be further ahead.
I pay 17€ for 20 hours and 22 GB data.
The hours can be used within the EU, and 6 GB of data within other EU countries.
Must be nice. It's like $60 to get unlimited talk/text/data in the US but after like 10GB(depends on carrier) they throttle you down to 3G speeds.

Old 18-11-17, 05:05 PM
OC3D Elite

It's just the detail though.

Finally I found it. Something that is made with absolutely no compromise and no sacrifice. None. Not designed to be a "instant gratification" thing that every one can afford, and thus you feel privileged to own. Truly a magnificent frame, the likes of which I have only had once before for a few months before it was stolen /very angry face.

But yeah, BMX of dreams fo sho.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 22-11-17, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
My 32" Samsung 4K Quantum Dot VA monitor arrived a few hours ago, Elite Dangerous now is a whole other animal, Performance with Vega64 is brilliant, Never dips below 60FPS but the detail, Holy hell, Bleeding gorge !!!!

Loving it
I noticed you talking about Elite Dangerous in various threads over the last few weeks and then saw the base game for £9 so thought I'd give it a go.

HOLY CRAP is this game fun! I started playing it last night and was hooked. Didn't realise it had got to 01:30 in the morning before turning it off (and even then I didn't want to). I was late for work because I overslept, hehe.

I can't put my finger on why it's so fun. I don't have VR or a flight stick but I am playing it at 28" 4K on a Vega 56 with an Xbox One pad. In theory it shouldn't be a fun experience. When I try and explain it to people it sounds boring but it all just seems to work together in way that makes time fly like no other game I've played in the last few years.

Seriously, thank you! If not for you talking about this game I wouldn't have taken the plunge. I'm already planning to get the Horizons package and a decent HOTAS set-up at some point.
Old 22-11-17, 09:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
I noticed you talking about Elite Dangerous in various threads over the last few weeks and then saw the base game for £9 so thought I'd give it a go.

HOLY CRAP is this game fun! I started playing it last night and was hooked. Didn't realise it had got to 01:30 in the morning before turning it off (and even then I didn't want to). I was late for work because I overslept, hehe.

I can't put my finger on why it's so fun. I don't have VR or a flight stick but I am playing it at 28" 4K on a Vega 56 with an Xbox One pad. In theory it shouldn't be a fun experience. When I try and explain it to people it sounds boring but it all just seems to work together in way that makes time fly like no other game I've played in the last few years.

Seriously, thank you! If not for you talking about this game I wouldn't have taken the plunge. I'm already planning to get the Horizons package and a decent HOTAS set-up at some point.
You're welcome

It gets better as you gain more finances, Rep etc... and get bigger ships
Old 22-11-17, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You're welcome

It gets better as you gain more finances, Rep etc... and get bigger ships
I'm looking forward to it. I'm still getting a handle on it all. I've primarily been doing data running just to practice approaching stations at supercruise (I either slow down too early or completely overshoot).

I got enough money to buy an Eagle, so I did. Probably a bad idea but it looked cool so meh. Hopefully tonight I'll step-up to learning about trading proper (this is why the Eagle was probably a bad idea) and maybe attempt some combat.
Old 22-11-17, 10:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
I'm looking forward to it. I'm still getting a handle on it all. I've primarily been doing data running just to practice approaching stations at supercruise (I either slow down too early or completely overshoot).

I got enough money to buy an Eagle, so I did. Probably a bad idea but it looked cool so meh. Hopefully tonight I'll step-up to learning about trading proper (this is why the Eagle was probably a bad idea) and maybe attempt some combat.
When in super cruise keep it at full throttle until you are 7 seconds out, Then drop it down to zero and up the throttle just before it hits the little blue zone on the indicator, Drop out of SC once you are 999KM away or less

On a side note, ED in 4K is bleeding gorgeous

Old 22-11-17, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
When in super cruise keep it at full throttle until you are 7 seconds out, Then drop it down to zero and up the throttle just before it hits the little blue zone on the indicator, Drop out of SC once you are 999KM away or less

On a side note, ED in 4K is bleeding gorgeous

Yes. Yes it is. A 4K monitor wasn't ever part of my upgrade plan but a colleague offered me a Samsung U28E590D for £150 to be paid over three months. Couldn't say no really.

My Vega 56 struggles with some games but eats others for breakfast. Thankfully 1440p upscaled looks pretty good for the games that can't run at native 2160p with a decent framerate. Thankfully ED does and I couldn't be happier. Seriously haven't been this happy with a game for at least 18 months.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
Old 22-11-17, 11:07 AM
OC3D Elite

Now that's an arse.

Went out for a ride on my yellow bike yesterday. Only rode about 2 miles, but decided to do the first half standing. Bloody hell my legs went to jelly lmao. Arse hurt too.

Can't wait to finish ^ that one. That will be my rider. Got a much wider seat for it.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 07-12-17, 05:03 AM
OC3D Elite

So a mate of mine has owed my some money for a 980Ti that i send him so he decided to pay me in full today and then some, totally blew me away as I had no idea it was coming or that he was doing it, 480 GB Intel Optane

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE