Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 13-01-18, 11:57 AM

heyup guys if anyone can have a quick look do these look good ??

or am i using wrong apps just want to make sure it not running to hot or running how it should if that's what these show cos as youv gathered not got a clue

Old 13-01-18, 08:03 PM

If I may offer my humble opinion on the cable colouring, the sets with blue, white and orange look especially good. They're colours that work well together from a design perspective. While I'm fond of the symmetrical example, when it's a functional item then the meaning of the colour is more important to me - if you were using orange for a particular voltage or polarity for example, better to keep that rather than just have the colours arranged by position. Just my thoughts though

Those CPU temperatures seem a bit high for a system at idle. I'm not familiar with voltage settings and don't know what CPU you have in there so I don't know if they're right or not. Is this with your system fully enclosed in the case, or still laying out? The latter would be more indicative of something not being setup just right in my albeit uneducated opinion.

You might be unfamiliar with things right now, but your experience will increase through this and the more you learn, the more you will be capable of
Old 13-01-18, 08:48 PM

no its still open i gota look in the back of the cupboard and find some notua fans i bought and never used, to throw the top on but gota do it quick before it gets covered in dust thing is dont have a 120's only 140's if i recall correctly which is good for the sides but not the back exhaust

need to find some kind of small rack hold at least 3 3.5 hd''
and get cables sorted cos it a mess just that usb3 header is waaaaaay to long for the size of this bench

gona try sort out some lazer cut or 3 printed side panels for the bottom as well later on but they such a weird shape dont know where to start measuring them out