Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 26-11-17, 11:21 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
TBH Wraith the Anidees has gotten the most support so far!
Sure, but how much of that is bias based upon this particular forums predilection to hating TT?

I mean, it was here that i first heard the phrase "Thermaltacky". Not saying that people here in this thread have hated on it specifically - just that this forum has had a negative view on their stuff for a long time - even BEFORE the whole rip off of case design.

I also agree with DiceHunters/Wraiths assertion, up to a point. I haven't touched any of the more expensive TT cases in a while, but the cheap ones have had corners cut that are obvious. I'd really like to get my hands on an expensive one to know one way or the other.

Old 26-11-17, 11:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfie View Post
Sure, but how much of that is bias based upon this particular forums predilection to hating TT?
It has nothing to do with that. IMO the Tt is nowhere near as nice aesthetically, before you even start digging in. Does it come with four RGB fans already in? do you seriously think that vented plastic front looks anywhere near as nice? and so on.

The Anidees is in a different league IMO. Sure, the Tt is good inside for water cooling and may even be better in that department but other than that there's no contest.

Old 26-11-17, 11:50 AM
OC3D Crew

Holy double post Batman.

May as well use it then.

Alien, perhaps you are right. I have no data to back that up either way. All i was trying to get at is that there is and had been for a long time, an anti tt vibe here. That's all.

I can't even get an anidees case easily here, so hands on: can't really say anything either way.

But i do stand by my original point: modding is about making the case yours. If you have a case which is already perfect, it can be hard to mod because there is no improvements that are needed, whereas a case that is close, but needs those tweaks is much easier to do that with. Personally that is why i would go with the tt.
Old 26-11-17, 09:36 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It has nothing to do with that. IMO the Tt is nowhere near as nice aesthetically, before you even start digging in. Does it come with four RGB fans already in? do you seriously think that vented plastic front looks anywhere near as nice? and so on.

The Anidees is in a different league IMO. Sure, the Tt is good inside for water cooling and may even be better in that department but other than that there's no contest.
I don't want RGBs nor shall I be keeping the front panel, as I said at the beginning I'd be modding that one. I'm not looking at a complete chassis here, I'm looking at a modding project.
Old 02-12-17, 02:50 PM
Bettyswollocks

OK so after many nights and countless hours pouring over cases 2 new contenders have entered the arena!

In the Black corner I give you the Anidees AI RGB

and fresh out the box in the White corner the Lian-Li Alpha 330

Now the they both come bundled with RGB Ring fans and the Lian Li also comes with Vertical GPU mount and an RGB LED strip with Controller... decisions decisions.
Old 02-12-17, 08:42 PM
OC3D Crew

And neither of them are cubes.

This aside i personally would go for the Lian Li of those two.

I would probably still go for the TT, if a modding project was what i wanted, and the cube is still a must. If not, the Lian Li would be the winner IMO.
Old 02-12-17, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Lian Li case looks really nice , watched a review of it on GGF events , looks well built and the included rgb fans look decent as well , but that's only my humble opinion
Old 02-12-17, 11:10 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfie View Post
And neither of them are cubes.

This aside i personally would go for the Lian Li of those two.

I would probably still go for the TT, if a modding project was what i wanted, and the cube is still a must. If not, the Lian Li would be the winner IMO.
Yeah the cube thing is still holding me back, but last night we were looking at cases and these 2 just kept coming up over and over again. So I could be swayed if the right case took my eye, I'm leaning more towards the Lian Li as it has vertical GPU mounting and well... it's a Lian Li.
Old 03-12-17, 12:49 AM
OC3D Elite

The Lian Li I'd have to say
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 03-12-17, 02:18 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
The Lian Li I'd have to say
I'm thinking so too.