Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-07-17, 06:52 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Not sure where to find the extra five seconds I need to be competitive. #setupsaremynemesis

__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-07-17, 08:25 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Not sure where to find the extra five seconds I need to be competitive. #setupsaremynemesis
I found tyre pressure and slip settings to be a big impact on this track. maybe start there. managed a 2.06.895 from just my first night of toying around with the setups.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-17, 02:42 PM
BonkersMental's Avatar
BonkersMental BonkersMental is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 265
Project Cars Monthly Challenge

I thought i would share my setup for this months Project Cars Challenge. Hopefully this might encourage more players to join in the fun as the whole setup procedure can be a bit daunting for peeps who have never tinkered with setups before. Feel free to copy and/or tweak. . edit: this is a time trial setup. for racing add more fuel and open the brake and engine radiator ducts otherwise youll run out of fuel and/or have overheating probs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235207_1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	11948   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235222_1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	11949   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235240_1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	11950  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235247_1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	11951   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235306_1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	11952   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235317_1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	11953  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235324_1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	11954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709235339_1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	11955  
__________________


Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-07-17, 10:16 PM
Korreborg's Avatar
Korreborg Korreborg is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Viborg - Denmark
Posts: 669
Well 2:17:703, definitely NOT a beginner track
Had a 20-30 min run, and that's only my second valid lap
__________________
[I9-7900X][Asus Strix X299-E][EVGA 1080TI FE][Corsair 16GB 3733MHz][Fractal Meshify C][Corsair AX860i]
[Samsung 970evo 500GB+1000GB of mixed SATA SDD's][ASUS PG278QR][Logitech G510s and G502][Steelseries Wireless H]
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-07-17, 10:47 PM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkersMental View Post
I thought i would share my setup for this months Project Cars Challenge. Hopefully this might encourage more players to join in the fun as the whole setup procedure can be a bit daunting for peeps who have never tinkered with setups before. Feel free to copy and/or tweak. . edit: this is a time trial setup. for racing add more fuel and open the brake and engine radiator ducts otherwise youll run out of fuel and/or have overheating probs.
Cheers Bonkers - took a couple of seconds off my previous best!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-07-17, 08:30 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,385
everyone running the same setup would actually be a fun challenge.

it looks like the setup from projectcars setups with the "2:06: min lap" profile.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 13-07-17, 03:52 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
everyone running the same setup would actually be a fun challenge.

it looks like the setup from projectcars setups with the "2:06: min lap" profile.
Might have to change it's name. I'm 2:08 lol

edit - yes a control setup for a secondary challenge would be fun.
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 13-07-17, 09:01 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Might have to change it's name. I'm 2:08 lol

edit - yes a control setup for a secondary challenge would be fun.
Shame we cant have 2 records on list. one with default setup and one with custom.
Default makes things interesting across the board for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 13-07-17, 09:23 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Shame we cant have 2 records on list. one with default setup and one with custom.
Default makes things interesting across the board for everyone.
Wouldn't work sadly as the official time trial boards counts all setups and configs for the same track.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 13-07-17, 09:34 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Wouldn't work sadly as the official time trial boards counts all setups and configs for the same track.
I know. Thats why I said its a shame it couldnt be done. Even when i did nothing but change steering ratio to make it manageable with my wheel, it become a custom setup.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.