Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Gaming

Old 08-05-17, 11:15 PM

Good luck

Good luck on this month's challenge guys, I'm out of the pcars challenges now as I can no longer determine the car set ups so would be running stock cars all the time. Really enjoyed being involved though and well done Bonkers for winning, "Dude I Almost Had You"

Old 09-05-17, 08:02 AM
OC3D Elite

I managed a 1.31.789 last night, yet didnt count because I ran a little too wide on the very last bend and voided the lap... And that is still with the default setup. Pretty unforgiving considering i was still on the track with my FR,RR wheels.
Old 09-05-17, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

PCars OC3D Monthly Challenge

That has happened to me sooooo many times, very frustrating when it does. This mornings effort, found and bit more speed, . I need to push now and try and get top controller spot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170509092316_1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	11863  

Steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076851533/

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Old 09-05-17, 09:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkersMental View Post
That has happened to me sooooo many times, very frustrating when it does. This mornings effort, found and bit more speed, . I need to push now and try and get top controller spot
I wish I had more free time. Nothing quite like an empty morning, fresh coffee on the pot and some laps to put in. Last time I had that was.. 15years ago when I didn't have a job.

Let's hope I can get some time on the weekend. I have noticed on this track though on the turn after the first 2 chicanes, Controllers have a far easier time getting around it. Tested it myself as you can force a small power slide and power out of it. Can't do that with my wheel. I watched the ghost of the top controller user. He does exactly the same thing.
Old 09-05-17, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Still cant get my controller setup correct. no smooth turning adjustments for me atm. its all a bit twitchy still but thats controllers for you. im playing with vsync off. And hope that im right in thinking this will give me slightly less input lag. Im considering buying a wheel but i dont want to spend lots of mulah. ill have to do some research into wheel/pedal combos.

And God said to John "come forth and recieve everlasting life " ...... but John came fifth and won a toaster
Old 09-05-17, 12:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkersMental View Post
Still cant get my controller setup correct. no smooth turning adjustments for me atm. its all a bit twitchy still but thats controllers for you. im playing with vsync off. And hope that im right in thinking this will give me slightly less input lag. Im considering buying a wheel but i dont want to spend lots of mulah. ill have to do some research into wheel/pedal combos.
Yeah, that twitch is the part I think is helping right now. I picked up the G920 and was pretty impressed with it. Downside it the brake pedal requires a hell of alot of pressure. Most people like to rebind the brake to the clutch pedal instead but since I use that in my manual shifting its a no go.
Old 09-05-17, 12:34 PM
Bettyswollocks

Also having controller issues, it seems no matter which settings or dead zones I apply the steering and throttle control feels digital and soooooo twitchy. Never had this with the last 3 challenges as it was buttery smooth I have little to no fine control anymore, wonder if the last update has borked something.. I anyway I've switched to input mode 1 and disabled advanced settings but the biggest problem is finding the right balance on the controller filtering setting but the control is slowly returning.. I'll play with cambers later to add more.
Old 09-05-17, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Not my quickest lap to date but you may be able to see the "twitchyness" on my steering. this lap was a 1:32.4

Old 12-05-17, 10:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
From looking at other users set ups I can see that there have been changes along the way so cars are probably a little slower now. Like suspension settings you can't replicate etc.

Or it was a glitch. Or they're super talented. I used to play REVS on the BBC on keyboard. It was 1985 though...
how do you see other users setups?
Old 13-05-17, 04:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
how do you see other users setups?
I just googled it. There's a set up database on http://projectcarssetups.eu or you can youtube car/track and a lot of people will have hotlaps on there that include their settings.

Depends on your driving style but it can be interesting. Some are more suited to controllers and others for steering wheels. I've noticed the controller setups tend to be more oversteer orientated. Fast turning and twitchy that you can catch with a fast thumb but on a wheel I end up in the wall. Or maybe that's just me...

Edit just watched bonkers lap and decided my gearing is too high. I also had a full tank. Rookie mistake.
1.5 seconds saved just there.