Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 08-07-13, 07:36 PM

Radiators spot will pretty much depend on the size of the dvd/blu-ray writer. I think im gonna also replace the white fans with the Bitfenix spectre pros too, dont want to ruin the color scheme Might also paint the HD bay and the empty pci slot things on the back dark red too (if i get the motivation and proper gear for that)

Old 08-07-13, 08:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Making the colour scheme work overall would be a great idea! Don't go for too dark red though, the one on the mobo and videocard should look good

You can also mount your blu-ray burner (assuming you have one?) in the bottom 5.25" bay, or get an external one if you don't have one yet anyway. Keep that for emergencies but for most things you won't need a DVD burner anymore these days

Replacing the fans would be good. You can just use the built in fan controller and set your fans to 5 volt (7 when you're gaming) and it should be pretty inaudible but still cool well. If there are not enough connections on the integrated fan controller you can buy a Molex > (multiple) 3 Pin adaptor at 7 volt and plug your fans into that. You won't be able to adjust their speeds, but they will be quiet enough and still perform really well

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 08-07-13, 08:16 PM

Im removing the white fan from back and replacing it with 140mm BF Spectre pro red led. Also moving the one from top to the front. I will replace the 2 in the front on the next payday. Also added the SSD to the shopping card. The whole package is 1628.40€. Just a little over the budjet but I think I can handle that

Thank you for all the help and advice, Feronix! I owe u one
Old 08-07-13, 08:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Sounds like a good plan! I always tend to go slightly over budget because you can always get just that bit more performance

No problem mate, I'm happy I could help! You don't owe me anything

Enjoy your build and don't forget to post a build log and rig gallery here

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 10-07-13, 03:25 PM

All I'm saying a SSD changes alot Just having that 1tb I would say is abit stupid, just have your OS running on the SSD and games ect on the 1TB. Also you could put a couple of games which you play alot on the SSD, You will be missing out I'm sure you could spend a little more for a SSD.
Old 10-07-13, 03:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCurtis View Post
All I'm saying a SSD changes alot Just having that 1tb I would say is abit stupid, just have your OS running on the SSD and games ect on the 1TB. Also you could put a couple of games which you play alot on the SSD, You will be missing out I'm sure you could spend a little more for a SSD.
...I'm pretty sure that he said he'd already added it to the shopping cart.

Old 10-07-13, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
...I'm pretty sure that he said he'd already added it to the shopping cart.

Ohh sorry mybad silly me my mistake then. =)
Old 10-07-13, 07:06 PM

Yep, it was added to the shopping cart, now im just waiting eagerly for the parts to arrive!
Old 10-07-13, 07:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanc View Post
Yep, it was added to the shopping cart, now im just waiting eagerly for the parts to arrive!
Do a project log!

Old 10-07-13, 08:04 PM

I will certainly try to, I just got a lot of work and other obligations till the 5th of August. Besides, I am gonna order some additional things a bit later as well. I will take pictures ready, but i will post the full log when the build is completely done!