Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 22-04-21, 02:24 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,236
A "next-gen" Battlefield game is coming to PC and Consoles this year

Here's what we know so far.



Read more about EA's next-generation Battlefield game.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-04-21, 12:08 PM
spolsh spolsh is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 98
Wonder if there'll be worthwhile anti-cheat built in ? My guess, No.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-04-21, 07:32 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by spolsh View Post
Wonder if there'll be worthwhile anti-cheat built in ? My guess, No.
Does such a thing even exist? For real, I don't know if I've ever found a game that can successfully keep a lobby clear of cheaters and trolls.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-04-21, 08:09 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Does such a thing even exist? For real, I don't know if I've ever found a game that can successfully keep a lobby clear of cheaters and trolls.

Nah, it's more or less impossible. As soon as the developers have a found a way to block, new cheats are already implemented.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-04-21, 10:59 AM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Nah, it's more or less impossible. As soon as the developers have a found a way to block, new cheats are already implemented.
Yeah, I thought that was the case. That's why it always confuses me when people complain to the developers as if they're purposefully allowing hackers and trolls to ruin their game. The game publishers and developers don't earn more money when someone uses a wall hack or an aimbot. Rockstar in fact lose money in GTA Online because hackers generate free money for anyone in the lobby, and the only reason Rockstar have supported GTA Online for so long is because of the money they've earned through Shark Cards.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-04-21, 12:37 PM
Damien c Damien c is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North West UK
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Yeah, I thought that was the case. That's why it always confuses me when people complain to the developers as if they're purposefully allowing hackers and trolls to ruin their game. The game publishers and developers don't earn more money when someone uses a wall hack or an aimbot. Rockstar in fact lose money in GTA Online because hackers generate free money for anyone in the lobby, and the only reason Rockstar have supported GTA Online for so long is because of the money they've earned through Shark Cards.
I wish that were the case, but there are Discord servers setup where people can go to after being banned in games for cheating and have the ban removed.

PUBG has multiple servers with multiple "Support Staff" taking a payment to remove bans.

It has been claimed that some developers are also "White Listing" some "Top Streamers" and "Pro" players so that they can continue to play whilst cheating to attract new players.

Personally I have not seen any proof of this other than at a PUBG tournament where a "Pro" player tried to install a cheat and got caught, but instead of being banned from the game etc all that happened was he was banned from Tournaments.

The beauty of PC is it's a fairly open platform, however that is also it's biggest downfall when it comes to gaming.

Whilst cheats do exist for Consoles, they are few and far between and I would happily switch to console to avoid cheaters but the problem is in Destiny 2 and PUBG you cannot use a K&M without an adaptor, which doesn't always work properly.

Then there is Elite Dangerous where I cannot use my Hotas because Frontier refuse to allow any Hotas to work, other than the one they have in my oppinion had a kickback to allow work which is the Thrustmaster one.

One of the only ways that Cheating is going to be reduced on PC is to lock windows down when you launch a game and have it force everything that is not required or cleared to close, but then PC gamers will complain.
__________________
Gaming PC: AMD 3950X, 32GB Corsiar DDR4, MSI 2080Ti, WD Black 1TB NVME

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-04-21, 01:53 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,942
I hope this has a decent single player campaign, BF3 and 4 were damn good when it came to the single player campaign, 1 and V were kinda crap for the single player portion.
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-04-21, 04:15 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I hope this has a decent single player campaign, BF3 and 4 were damn good when it came to the single player campaign, 1 and V were kinda crap for the single player portion.
Bf3 is my all time favourite game, still play it till this day! 4 I personally thought they ruined a bit with the mechanics, how the soldier moved, how you would shoot and get shot. Just seemed too unnatural and a bit uncomfortable for me personally, especially coming from Bf3. Although it had some great visuals, just like it's predecessor.

Haven't played any Bf games since those though, but own them though. So here's hoping that Bf6 (?) will be back to those roots.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-04-21, 06:03 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I wish that were the case, but there are Discord servers setup where people can go to after being banned in games for cheating and have the ban removed.

PUBG has multiple servers with multiple "Support Staff" taking a payment to remove bans.

It has been claimed that some developers are also "White Listing" some "Top Streamers" and "Pro" players so that they can continue to play whilst cheating to attract new players.

Personally I have not seen any proof of this other than at a PUBG tournament where a "Pro" player tried to install a cheat and got caught, but instead of being banned from the game etc all that happened was he was banned from Tournaments.

The beauty of PC is it's a fairly open platform, however that is also it's biggest downfall when it comes to gaming.

Whilst cheats do exist for Consoles, they are few and far between and I would happily switch to console to avoid cheaters but the problem is in Destiny 2 and PUBG you cannot use a K&M without an adaptor, which doesn't always work properly.

Then there is Elite Dangerous where I cannot use my Hotas because Frontier refuse to allow any Hotas to work, other than the one they have in my oppinion had a kickback to allow work which is the Thrustmaster one.

One of the only ways that Cheating is going to be reduced on PC is to lock windows down when you launch a game and have it force everything that is not required or cleared to close, but then PC gamers will complain.
Wow, that's crazy.

Is that actually a real tactic that game developers are using though or is it just one game seeing some shady under the table bribery?
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25-04-21, 08:11 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Wow, that's crazy.

Is that actually a real tactic that game developers are using though or is it just one game seeing some shady under the table bribery?
Support staff likely have no relation/interaction/awareness of developers or anything like that, probably all random contractors hired online.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.