Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 24-10-21, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Crosshair VIII Extreme

Hi, I bought an Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme after watching Tom's preview on it and I opened it last night. I noticed when I opened it that their was a lot of white cream like a thin thermal paste all over the inside of the cover of the motherboard (This cleaned up) but theirs a small chip out of the heatsink on the motherboard which shows up copper. When I opened it, it had the Asus seal firmly attached so this is an Asus build problem rather than the shop doing anything.
As its only visual so a lot of hassle to change a board for a scratch is it possible to buy the heatsink as my OCD would drive me nuts knowing its on it?

Old 24-10-21, 09:30 AM
OC3D Elite

It might be better to contact Asus directly through their site, as most of the customer care forums here have been silent for a long time, but if it was me i would request a replacement because it is a damaged product that is supposed to be brand new.

I don't think Asus supplies chipset heatsinks to customers anyway, and they would probably have to rip one of a board, which at that point you might as well get a replacement.
Old 24-10-21, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the info. I tried contact their support after your suggestion and as they said its physical damage they blamed me/the seller and washed their hands of it. Beyond peeved at the response, tempted to send it back for a full refund now and just never buy again because of they the poor response. I had bought Asus 99% of the time because in the past they had brilliant support for the one issue I had with them (I bought probably more than 100 boards in my time from them). I actually had a Similar issue with a Gigabyte X570 Xtreme that I bought based off another of Tom's videos and they replaced the part without any issues and sent it too me to fit it (This was heatsink paint fading over time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
It might be better to contact Asus directly through their site, as most of the customer care forums here have been silent for a long time, but if it was me i would request a replacement because it is a damaged product that is supposed to be brand new.

I don't think Asus supplies chipset heatsinks to customers anyway, and they would probably have to rip one of a board, which at that point you might as well get a replacement.