Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 26-04-17, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

This is slightly concerning. I am in the process of designing an SFF case and was hoping to put an R5 1600 under a Cryorig C1 in it. Looks like I may need to accept a slightly thicker design to accommodate a CLC...

Old 26-04-17, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetguru View Post
I use the $25 Hyper T4 to cooler my R7 1700 at 3800-3900mhz @ 1.4V and it seems to work just fine, granted I've upgraded the fan to a 140mm High Pressure Venturi fan, but it's probably not too much better than the stock fan. fan ran at 100% RPM, controled by a Sentry Mix 2 fan controller, super handy to have btw

Rarely breaks 60C running in a hot shed.

I would highly recommend a deepcool gammax 400 instead though, as it has cut outs to fit RAM, i wouldn't be able to put RAM into the 1st slot if I needed to upgrade to 32GBs, since I can't turn the heatsink on AM4 anyways.

Those volts are very high for that clockspeed. You should be able to lower.
Old 26-04-17, 09:02 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
This is slightly concerning. I am in the process of designing an SFF case and was hoping to put an R5 1600 under a Cryorig C1 in it. Looks like I may need to accept a slightly thicker design to accommodate a CLC...
As long as you don't go nuts on the volts I would say it shouldn't be bad. Just make sure the airflow is setup well so the hot air gets out asap and doesn't sit around heating everything else up
Old 26-04-17, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
As long as you don't go nuts on the volts I would say it shouldn't be bad. Just make sure the airflow is setup well so the hot air gets out asap and doesn't sit around heating everything else up
Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on having two 80mm fans on the top edge of the motherboard exhausting air directly out of the case with the C1 pulling cold air straight through the side panel.

I suppose I might not be able to get that magical 4GHz but it still won't be a slouch.
Old 26-04-17, 09:32 AM

Is the 12v better or the 7v?
Old 26-04-17, 10:02 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on having two 80mm fans on the top edge of the motherboard exhausting air directly out of the case with the C1 pulling cold air straight through the side panel.

I suppose I might not be able to get that magical 4GHz but it still won't be a slouch.
With that cooler youll probably be lucky to get 3.6 tbh - assuming you want it quiet too. Manual volts will be a must.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 26-04-17, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
With that cooler youll probably be lucky to get 3.6 tbh - assuming you want it quiet too. Manual volts will be a must.
Hmm. I wonder how easy it is to make a CLC from custom watercooling components; as in using quick-release fittings and an external reservoir when setting up but then removing the reservoir for operation. I don't have space for a reservoir but I could squeeze two slim radiators with slim fans and a pump in.
Old 26-04-17, 12:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Hmm. I wonder how easy it is to make a CLC from custom watercooling components; as in using quick-release fittings and an external reservoir when setting up but then removing the reservoir for operation. I don't have space for a reservoir but I could squeeze two slim radiators with slim fans and a pump in.
You would not be able to remove the res. Not without draining the loop. Well, unless you use QDC and they are expensive. What you are better off doing is having a fill port. Then you don't need a res. To make a fill port you need to fit a 3 way T piece in front of the pump return (so the water can feed in and be pumped around) with a straight piece of tube coming up to a fill port so you can put the coolant in.

I am about to do this to my rig called Riff Tamson. Keep an eye on the log. I do have a res, but, it needs to be looped up in situ and the top cap is blocked by the res above. So I am going to fit a fill port so I can fill the res "remotely". However, there is no reason why it would not work in a "resless" loop. The only other thing to ponder is that the coolant expands when it is hot and shrinks when cool so you would need to fit some sort of relief valve. However, you could just screw that into the fill port's G 1/4.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3219363466...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 26-04-17, 12:11 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelepo View Post
Is the 12v better or the 7v?
At 7V fans are fed less power and spin at lower RPMs. This will make the system quieter, though the reduced airflow will allow temperatures to increase.
Old 26-04-17, 12:17 PM

Old Corsair H100i

Im running an old Corsair H100i old style with AM3 mounting brackets on my Ryzen 1800x rig. I changed out the Corsair fans for Cougar fans which are half the sound levels of Corsair and my rig is running at between 30 - 40 degrees without the offset taken off, overclocked to 4Ghz it runs between 40 - 50 without the offset taken off under load overclocked it runs at 70 degrees on stress tests w/o offset taken off.