Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-07-17, 02:10 PM
News Guru

Amazon is reportedly suffering from RMA fraud for Ryzen CPUs

This has happened before...

Read more on Fake Ryzen CPUs hitting Amazon.

Old 17-07-17, 02:31 PM

Always figured the CPU's would at least be tested along with GPU's that were open box, at least for a power on!
I wonder if they track the serial numbers and could just pursue action against the original customer who made the fake return?

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths those will go to in order to make a dishonest buck!
Old 17-07-17, 03:30 PM

the real shame is allowing people to return something they bought for stupid reasons.
Old 17-07-17, 06:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Amazon need to do something. Their returns are so easy. I know people who bought top end AMD PD chips, only to receive like a Celeron or something. They really need to crack down on that.

Semitope - I agree completely. I saw this guy on another forum buy about ten monitors and send them all back. He had no intention of buying any of them. People who abuse stuff like this wreck it for the rest of us, but hey I guess that's life right?

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 23-11-20, 10:13 PM

amazon should be monitoring returns and banning people who return too often.
Old 24-11-20, 08:20 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Amazon need to do something. Their returns are so easy. I know people who bought top end AMD PD chips, only to receive like a Celeron or something. They really need to crack down on that.

Semitope - I agree completely. I saw this guy on another forum buy about ten monitors and send them all back. He had no intention of buying any of them. People who abuse stuff like this wreck it for the rest of us, but hey I guess that's life right?
Yet I tried to return a monitor in which they genuinely sent me the wrong one and had to spend three weeks trying to get my money back as they essentially said they didn't believe me. In the end I signed an affidavit and they reluctantly provided a refund.

The minority harming the majority as always. I must say though, the service is crap now, really gone down hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilertoo View Post
amazon should be monitoring returns and banning people who return too often.
They do.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 24-11-20, 08:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post

The minority harming the majority as always. I must say though, the service is crap now, really gone down hill.
Their service has been terrible for a long time unless you get amazon prime, they you almost get preferential treatment. It almost seems intentional
Old 24-11-20, 09:31 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Their service has been terrible for a long time unless you get amazon prime, they you almost get preferential treatment. It almost seems intentional
I was a Prime member but as they gave me so much hassle over my last two returns (I have only returned 2 of the 21 orders made this year) and it was such a ballache to deal with them, I've cancelled my Prime subscription and closed my account with them.

I'm not buying from anyone who accuses me of fraud and refuses to return my money.

I've had great service from them in the past but this year has been something else!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 24-11-20, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I was a Prime member but as they gave me so much hassle over my last two returns (I have only returned 2 of the 21 orders made this year) and it was such a ballache to deal with them, I've cancelled my Prime subscription and closed my account with them.

I'm not buying from anyone who accuses me of fraud and refuses to return my money.

I've had great service from them in the past but this year has been something else!
I have said before. I will not purchase from them at all. I have seen how they treat their employees. They wont get a penny from me no matter how good a deal it is.
Old 24-11-20, 10:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Haha all of this missliking towards Amazon, yet their CEO just getting richer everyday. Adds literally multi-billion dollar numbers to his net worth every month. How unfair life is in all honesty.