Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 12-09-19, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Congrats bud! I will eventually get to that point. Working my part-time job trying to find an actual career job once my schooling finishes.
Don't wait till the end of your degree to start interviewing is my advice. Some throwaway interviews in jobs similar to the ones you actually want is useful as you can use the time in school to research the gaps in your knowledge that you got asked in those interviews for future ones. And if you get offered a job pending degree completion at least you have something to go straight into, takes a load off your mind.

Old 12-09-19, 03:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Working part time during the last year of my degree was pretty neat, transitioned to full-time as soon as school allowed.
Old 12-09-19, 03:30 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Don't wait till the end of your degree to start interviewing is my advice. Some throwaway interviews in jobs similar to the ones you actually want is useful as you can use the time in school to research the gaps in your knowledge that you got asked in those interviews for future ones. And if you get offered a job pending degree completion at least you have something to go straight into, takes a load off your mind.
Oh, I'm not. Once my current unit finishes I will have a "stamp of approval" from the school and they will endorse me. Good idea though for throwaway interviews as practice for the job I actually want.

Problem is I don't know who I want to work for. Just want to work for a company that has good environment, friendly people, and willing to teach/train a JR dev.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk