Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3341  
Old Today, 11:15 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,304


https://twitter.com/jwangARK/status/1030194513170636800

This can mean one of two things.

1. The 10 series will drop mahoosively in price.
2. The 20 series will be quite a chunk more expensive, allowing them to keep the 10 series cards at their existing prices.

This is what Rich Swinburne called "left holding the baby".

__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #3342  
Old Today, 11:48 AM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post


https://twitter.com/jwangARK/status/1030194513170636800

This can mean one of two things.

1. The 10 series will drop mahoosively in price.
2. The 20 series will be quite a chunk more expensive, allowing them to keep the 10 series cards at their existing prices.

This is what Rich Swinburne called "left holding the baby".
Option 2 for sure. No company with a solid monopoly ever gave customers anything cheap.
__________________
Guts: Ryzen R7 1700 / Asus CH6 Hero / 16GB G.Skill 3600CL15 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: Intel 600p 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 1 240 rad / Singularity Computers reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #3343  
Old Today, 12:24 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Option 2 for sure. No company with a solid monopoly ever gave customers anything cheap.
TBH Nvidia can charge whatever they like, because they have the used market to be afraid of. That literally sort of means there are $18m worth of cards sold during the mining phase that will now work their way back into circulation. Miners have no interest in gaming, PC tech and etc. Just pure money making.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #3344  
Old Today, 02:04 PM
NickOmega's Avatar
NickOmega NickOmega is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cannock, West Mids
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
TBH Nvidia can charge whatever they like, because they have the used market to be afraid of. That literally sort of means there are $18m worth of cards sold during the mining phase that will now work their way back into circulation. Miners have no interest in gaming, PC tech and etc. Just pure money making.
I don't think those cards will be making much of an impact on the used market tbh.
It says "crypto-specific product revenue was $18m" so I presume it's referring to the designated mining cards with no display outs.

The reason they sold so badly in comparison to expectation is because they have no resell value (due to lack of display ports) when they cease to be profitable, unlike normal graphics cards which they offload to unsuspecting gamers on auction/selling sites.
__________________
My Twitch Channel
interim system
i3 6100 -- Sapphire RX 470 4GB -- 8GB 2400mhz Avexir Core White DDR4
Asus B150M-A/m.2 -- Corsair AX760 -- Bitfenix Prodigy M[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.