Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-07-20, 10:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I have heard that before but really I'm not sure I believe it. Even with Siege giving me better performance no other benchmark whether synthetic or in game, or even storage benchmarks, are within margin of error.

I just cannot explain Sieges performance increase. I took pictures of it's settings before reinstall and set it up exactly the same.

My only theory is fresh drivers and Vulkan install. But that alone shouldn't be the difference. I'm seriously confused!
Is it due to the new GPU scheduler?

Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 04-07-20, 10:50 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Is it due to the new GPU scheduler?
It was off when I was testing. I turned it on earlier today and played a game or two and didn't notice any difference in fps. Based off initial reviews by Dice and Mark we shouldn't really notice much increase right now so I doubt it would be anything significant if it was helping.

I mean Dice may be right in that some stuff might just run better with a new install. Even though I have basically the same setup as before.

Only actual difference is I'm using the 970 Evo vs a data SSD. But a SSD alone wouldn't explain the speed difference
Old 04-07-20, 11:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
It was off when I was testing. I turned it on earlier today and played a game or two and didn't notice any difference in fps. Based off initial reviews by Dice and Mark we shouldn't really notice much increase right now so I doubt it would be anything significant if it was helping.

I mean Dice may be right in that some stuff might just run better with a new install. Even though I have basically the same setup as before.

Only actual difference is I'm using the 970 Evo vs a data SSD. But a SSD alone wouldn't explain the speed difference
You haven't upped your ram have you?
Cause when I was waiting for my faulty ram to be replaced I was running 16GB and when I got my replacement and back up to 32GB MWO jumped by 22.4 fps average just going from 16 to 32
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 04-07-20, 11:36 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
You haven't upped your ram have you?
Cause when I was waiting for my faulty ram to be replaced I was running 16GB and when I got my replacement and back up to 32GB MWO jumped by 22.4 fps average just going from 16 to 32
Nope! I am still using my 16GB 2800mhz kit. Same CPU overclock as well, 8700k 4.6ghz
Old 04-07-20, 11:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Nope! I am still using my 16GB 2800mhz kit. Same CPU overclock as well, 8700k 4.6ghz
Well all I can think of then is optimizations in the latest driver and better performance due to less messy system from the format and updates, still it's better perfomance rather than less so you've gotta be happy about that
Old 05-07-20, 02:05 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:

When Windows 7 was the main OS I did a reinstall after having the OS installed for the better part of 3 years, I gained around 30FPS using the same hardware after the fresh install, Windows in general has a nasty habit of losing performance over time due to junk build up, It's why I do a reinstall every 3 months.

Old 05-07-20, 03:16 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Well all I can think of then is optimizations in the latest driver and better performance due to less messy system from the format and updates, still it's better perfomance rather than less so you've gotta be happy about that
I am very happy! Might lower some settings and get better input lag. But after the reinstall not gonna lie I've been on fire in the game so I'm stoked about how it turned out. Whether the extra frames are a factor or not don't matter to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
When Windows 7 was the main OS I did a reinstall after having the OS installed for the better part of 3 years, I gained around 30FPS using the same hardware after the fresh install, Windows in general has a nasty habit of losing performance over time due to junk build up, It's why I do a reinstall every 3 months.
That's some serious dedication but hey it's worth it evidently!
Old 05-07-20, 02:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Insane insane race, p'ed about Hamilton knocking Albon off from a podium again but only 11 finishers in a dry race is crazy. And Norris P3, what a final lap!
Old 05-07-20, 02:59 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
Insane insane race, ed about Hamilton knocking Albon off from a podium again but only 11 finishers in a dry race is crazy. And Norris P3, what a final lap!
Yup, second time he's cost Albon a podium.

Good race in the end, bit slow to start though.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | S2721DGF, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 05-07-20, 03:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Man, last two weeks have been a serious hard slog.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk