Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 17-10-17, 12:37 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikusa View Post
"A Cooler Master representative did hint that the company intends to listen to the wants of consumers, and we take that to mean potentially mesh versions of the H500P – or mesh panels sold separately."
So there will be a meshed version
This feels a little strange to me. While I love the case, surely CM themselves should have tested this stuff and decided that a case known for its cooling potential should be focused on cooling efficiency and not bling. Maybe they thought consumers cared about bling than cooling.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 17-10-17, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Trend my man trends the trend is rgb and bling. But imho it would if blinged just as well with proper mesh

Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Old 17-10-17, 12:49 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post
Trend my man trends the trend is rgb and bling. But imho it would if blinged just as well with proper mesh
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. The Fractal Focus G with its mesh panel and LED fans looks awesome. It's not as bling but it's still really nice.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 17-10-17, 01:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
This feels a little strange to me. While I love the case, surely CM themselves should have tested this stuff and decided that a case known for its cooling potential should be focused on cooling efficiency and not bling. Maybe they thought consumers cared about bling than cooling.
Answering your last sentence - they do. People care far more about bling that temps/performance. PCs are your vain male's paradise. The more you spend the more you can show off, just like anything in life really.

Only enthusiasts go for pure performance per £ over anything else.

Old 17-10-17, 01:49 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Answering your last sentence - they do. People care far more about bling that temps/performance. PCs are your vain male's paradise. The more you spend the more you can show off, just like anything in life really.

Only enthusiasts go for pure performance per £ over anything else.
You can have both though. The Corsair 570X, for example: bling to the nines but still performs well.
Old 12-01-18, 07:09 PM

Smile

I really fancy the case , i could finally retire my good old Haf X
Old 12-01-18, 07:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
You can have both though. The Corsair 570X, for example: bling to the nines but still performs well.
Yes, but you already said bling. Mind you I guess you could turn the LEDs off. The annoying part is that no matter what you are paying for the LEDs, even if you don't want them.

It's just me I guess. I've been on Alienware cases since 2008 and they have always had RGB LEDs. The only time I change mine now is when I switch hardware haha. My Fury X rig is all red LEDs ATM and my main rig is set to Fallout 4 colours (well, Vault Tec blue and yellow )

So I do still play with them from time to time but not much. What I would like to see, though, from RGB is proper interactive gaming with them. It seems they haven't quite reached the Alienware stage yet, but the whole case is active on an AW. Few examples.. In Metro (both 2033 and LL) when you turn the flash light on the case lights turn white. When you are dying they all turn red. If you enter radioactivity they all glow green, and so on. It also does it in Dying Light and a few other games. If you fall from a great height they flash red as you land. If you are dying they turn off, and so on. It's cool because it adds ambience.

So I suppose in about two years time when that actually becomes a thing on RGB desktops I may sit up and pay attention

Old 13-01-18, 05:59 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yes, but you already said bling. Mind you I guess you could turn the LEDs off. The annoying part is that no matter what you are paying for the LEDs, even if you don't want them.

It's just me I guess. I've been on Alienware cases since 2008 and they have always had RGB LEDs. The only time I change mine now is when I switch hardware haha. My Fury X rig is all red LEDs ATM and my main rig is set to Fallout 4 colours (well, Vault Tec blue and yellow )

So I do still play with them from time to time but not much. What I would like to see, though, from RGB is proper interactive gaming with them. It seems they haven't quite reached the Alienware stage yet, but the whole case is active on an AW. Few examples.. In Metro (both 2033 and LL) when you turn the flash light on the case lights turn white. When you are dying they all turn red. If you enter radioactivity they all glow green, and so on. It also does it in Dying Light and a few other games. If you fall from a great height they flash red as you land. If you are dying they turn off, and so on. It's cool because it adds ambience.

So I suppose in about two years time when that actually becomes a thing on RGB desktops I may sit up and pay attention
Having you seen Tom's video for Cooler Master at CES? They have a prototype lighting setup that's controlled via software to adapt to the colours being shown on your computer screen, whether it's a video game, a film, or an image. He was raving about it, but I think it's a gimmick that I'd be wowed by for a few hours and then find irritating and distracting. That's how I feel about flashing lights in general. Don't get me wrong, I like lighting. I have an RGB setup, but I paid only slightly more for the full colour gamut than if I bought white LED's only. But I wanted to test whether orange would suit my build better and to buy both white and orange would cost more than the RGB. So I have RGB simply to test which colour I like and then set it at that and not touch it again.

The Corsair 460X comes without RGB fans if you don't want them and it's not exactly a cheap case. It's still €120.
Old 13-01-18, 07:37 PM

I am surprised that Cooler Master have created obstacles for almost every feature they've put in to the case. SSD mounts that prevent using the GPU vertically, HDD mounts that prevent using a long rad in the front, etc...

The first stock pictures didn't excite me - just a big standard case. The review video picked me up a little as some of the angles and shaping is nice, but it also showed questionable quality for fitting and construction. Fake buttons on the IO panel and USB 2.0 connectors nowadays, when they're charging a premium price for the case, seems pretty poor.

I've liked Cooler Master products in the past, but I don't know if I could buy this for an enthusiast build when the flexibility of it is compromised by its very design. Still, there are some creative people out there who can solve the problems it has in order to create something brilliant with it.
Old 12-02-18, 06:28 AM

Nice looking case but sticking with my CM Storm Trooper for now, one of the best cases they've ever made in my opinion, well that was up until the new Cosmos C700P, that's next on my list of purchases