Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Aquatuning Customer Care

Old 23-02-18, 11:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
Heard back from them on facebook, just got a 'very sorry, never seen this happen before, not sure how to deal with this'
I would have said compensate me for any damaged components would be a start

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 23-02-18, 11:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
This is the first time i've had any issues with alphacool gear, but Like i've already said, it's big enough of an issue that I certainly won't be using them again. The Aquacomputer and XSPC gear i've used in the past have always been solid.
Heard back from them on facebook, just got a 'very sorry, never seen this happen before, not sure how to deal with this'
Let me give them a hint - get ya wallet out.

Old 23-02-18, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

They've asked me to email a full complaint and apparently they're going to get it sorted.. Not sure what that exactly means though!
Old 23-02-18, 12:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
They've asked me to email a full complaint and apparently they're going to get it sorted.. Not sure what that exactly means though!
Probably full blocks refund or replacement.
Old 23-02-18, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Probably full blocks refund or replacement.
The blocks are fine, it's the cards that are likely to be screwed
Old 23-02-18, 01:44 PM
OC3D Elite

It depends. I've seen Corsair coolers leak, they ask for pics, then get out their cheque book.

However, I had a CoolIt! cooler leak, they asked me for photos (about 20) dragged it on for three days and then said "just take all of your components apart and wash them in distilled water" etc. There wasn't much I could do legally because they are in Canada, which was probably lucky for them as I would have fire bombed their premises. And I wasn't about to dip my parts in any sort of water, either.

Aholes. So I made sure to avoid anything made by Corsair with a CoolIt! pump and or block since. Just made sure I got Corsair/Asetek.

Old 23-02-18, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Took the blocks off the GPUs now that I've had time. It's not looking good.. Going to rinse them with isopropyl and dry for a few days. Same to the mobo, there's some white staining at the bottom around the USB and front panel headers.

Is there going to be any need to take out the cpu? I don't have a protector for the socket so I don't really want to if it's not necessary
Old 23-02-18, 02:18 PM
OC3D Elite

OK this is gonna sound really daft but bear with me..

Grab a bowl and put some rice in it. Then, put a couple of strips of something over the bowl (like acrylic or wood) then stand the GPU on it. Do not put it in the rice as it is full of starch) then put a carrier bag over the whole lot. Any moisture left will evaporate and the rice will guzzle it. Also, you can actually buy things from the pound shop that I use under my sink ('cause it gets damp down there) that do the same thing. a Boiler cupboard is a good place to put it

Oh and Luce, give it a few days mate because looking at that GPU the coolant has ran right under the core. Meaning there will be moisture trapped in there and if you turn the thing on it will burn. I know coolant is not conductive, but just you handling it will put plenty of stuff on there that will make the coolant conductive when it mixes with your finger oils and etc.

Old 23-02-18, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
OK this is gonna sound really daft but bear with me..

Grab a bowl and put some rice in it. Then, put a couple of strips of something over the bowl (like acrylic or wood) then stand the GPU on it. Do not put it in the rice as it is full of starch) then put a carrier bag over the whole lot. Any moisture left will evaporate and the rice will guzzle it. Also, you can actually buy things from the pound shop that I use under my sink ('cause it gets damp down there) that do the same thing. a Boiler cupboard is a good place to put it

Oh and Luce, give it a few days mate because looking at that GPU the coolant has ran right under the core. Meaning there will be moisture trapped in there and if you turn the thing on it will burn. I know coolant is not conductive, but just you handling it will put plenty of stuff on there that will make the coolant conductive when it mixes with your finger oils and etc.

I'm going to rinse everything with isopropyl and then I'll give that a go. As I said, the cards where running for a while in this condition before cutting out, so my hopes aren't high
Old 23-02-18, 03:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I'm going to rinse everything with isopropyl and then I'll give that a go. As I said, the cards where running for a while in this condition before cutting out, so my hopes aren't high
They should do, as the coolant is not conductive at all. Distilled water does not carry lime, for example, or electrolytes or etc. These are what make water conductive. Some distilled waters though? like for cars and stuff? do conduct leccy. Which is why I use XSPC EC6.

However, as I said, now that you have handled the cards (which you have to, so that's not your fault at all) the coolant will pick up things like hand oils, body oil etc. Those "contaminants" will most certainly conduct leccy.

But aye, some rice or any other sort of desiccant will basically grab every drop of moisture as it evaporates making sure it doesn't get back into, or stay in, the cards.