Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Aquatuning Customer Care
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 23-02-18, 11:01 AM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
Heard back from them on facebook, just got a 'very sorry, never seen this happen before, not sure how to deal with this'
I would have said compensate me for any damaged components would be a start

__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 23-02-18, 11:53 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
This is the first time i've had any issues with alphacool gear, but Like i've already said, it's big enough of an issue that I certainly won't be using them again. The Aquacomputer and XSPC gear i've used in the past have always been solid.
Heard back from them on facebook, just got a 'very sorry, never seen this happen before, not sure how to deal with this'
Let me give them a hint - get ya wallet out.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23-02-18, 12:24 PM
Layer Cakes's Avatar
Layer Cakes Layer Cakes is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 301
They've asked me to email a full complaint and apparently they're going to get it sorted.. Not sure what that exactly means though!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 23-02-18, 12:32 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
They've asked me to email a full complaint and apparently they're going to get it sorted.. Not sure what that exactly means though!
Probably full blocks refund or replacement.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 23-02-18, 12:49 PM
Layer Cakes's Avatar
Layer Cakes Layer Cakes is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Probably full blocks refund or replacement.
The blocks are fine, it's the cards that are likely to be screwed
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 23-02-18, 01:44 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,890
It depends. I've seen Corsair coolers leak, they ask for pics, then get out their cheque book.

However, I had a CoolIt! cooler leak, they asked me for photos (about 20) dragged it on for three days and then said "just take all of your components apart and wash them in distilled water" etc. There wasn't much I could do legally because they are in Canada, which was probably lucky for them as I would have fire bombed their premises. And I wasn't about to dip my parts in any sort of water, either.

Aholes. So I made sure to avoid anything made by Corsair with a CoolIt! pump and or block since. Just made sure I got Corsair/Asetek.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 23-02-18, 01:52 PM
Layer Cakes's Avatar
Layer Cakes Layer Cakes is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 301


Took the blocks off the GPUs now that I've had time. It's not looking good.. Going to rinse them with isopropyl and dry for a few days. Same to the mobo, there's some white staining at the bottom around the USB and front panel headers.

Is there going to be any need to take out the cpu? I don't have a protector for the socket so I don't really want to if it's not necessary
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 23-02-18, 02:18 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,890
OK this is gonna sound really daft but bear with me..

Grab a bowl and put some rice in it. Then, put a couple of strips of something over the bowl (like acrylic or wood) then stand the GPU on it. Do not put it in the rice as it is full of starch) then put a carrier bag over the whole lot. Any moisture left will evaporate and the rice will guzzle it. Also, you can actually buy things from the pound shop that I use under my sink ('cause it gets damp down there) that do the same thing. a Boiler cupboard is a good place to put it

Oh and Luce, give it a few days mate because looking at that GPU the coolant has ran right under the core. Meaning there will be moisture trapped in there and if you turn the thing on it will burn. I know coolant is not conductive, but just you handling it will put plenty of stuff on there that will make the coolant conductive when it mixes with your finger oils and etc.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 23-02-18, 02:52 PM
Layer Cakes's Avatar
Layer Cakes Layer Cakes is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
OK this is gonna sound really daft but bear with me..

Grab a bowl and put some rice in it. Then, put a couple of strips of something over the bowl (like acrylic or wood) then stand the GPU on it. Do not put it in the rice as it is full of starch) then put a carrier bag over the whole lot. Any moisture left will evaporate and the rice will guzzle it. Also, you can actually buy things from the pound shop that I use under my sink ('cause it gets damp down there) that do the same thing. a Boiler cupboard is a good place to put it

Oh and Luce, give it a few days mate because looking at that GPU the coolant has ran right under the core. Meaning there will be moisture trapped in there and if you turn the thing on it will burn. I know coolant is not conductive, but just you handling it will put plenty of stuff on there that will make the coolant conductive when it mixes with your finger oils and etc.

I'm going to rinse everything with isopropyl and then I'll give that a go. As I said, the cards where running for a while in this condition before cutting out, so my hopes aren't high
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 23-02-18, 03:06 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
I'm going to rinse everything with isopropyl and then I'll give that a go. As I said, the cards where running for a while in this condition before cutting out, so my hopes aren't high
They should do, as the coolant is not conductive at all. Distilled water does not carry lime, for example, or electrolytes or etc. These are what make water conductive. Some distilled waters though? like for cars and stuff? do conduct leccy. Which is why I use XSPC EC6.

However, as I said, now that you have handled the cards (which you have to, so that's not your fault at all) the coolant will pick up things like hand oils, body oil etc. Those "contaminants" will most certainly conduct leccy.

But aye, some rice or any other sort of desiccant will basically grab every drop of moisture as it evaporates making sure it doesn't get back into, or stay in, the cards.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.