Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Aquatuning Customer Care

Old 17-05-13, 11:13 AM

Aquatuning drops EK water blocks.

EK Water Blocks and Aquatuning go separate ways.

With effect from 17.05.2013, the management of Aquatuning has decided to drop all EKWB products from the webshop. In 2007 and following years Aquatuning developed many products for EK Water Blocks under license and technology agreements among other products the EK Supreme CPU block, which immediately became the new No. 1 CPU water block. After many years of successful collaboration, EK Water Blocks surprisingly decided to stop the payment of the licenses to Aquatuning.

Due to the ultimatum from EK Water Blocks to either accept the breach of contract or stop buying products from EK Water Blocks, the Aquatuning management saw no other way then to inform the public about the background of the unprecedented incident never seen before in the 10-year history of Aquatuning.

We regret the end of the collaboration with EK Water Blocks very much, especially because in recent years many good and successful products have emerged from it. The products we licensed to EK Water Block will now be given to other manufacturers so that we can continue to bring revolutionary cooling products to market.

Old 17-05-13, 11:26 AM
OC3D Crew

Sad news there Pascal,
Looks like we will be seeing some epic Phobya and Alphacool blocks on the way!

Upcoming Custom Parvum build!
Old 17-05-13, 11:30 AM
too many shrooms

wow well fair is fair really ,alphacool blocks
Old 17-05-13, 11:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Wow, looks like EK got greedy. Hope the new companies have better respect for the licensed products.
NZXT Switch 810 - Ryzeny 3600 - Gigabyte X570 Gaming - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI Gaming 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Old 17-05-13, 11:55 AM
OC3D Crew

It's a shame when businesses fall out, usually the consumer loses out.

However, performances aside, recent EK water cooling gear look like so not such a big loss after all .
Old 17-05-13, 01:13 PM
The Webmaster

This is a shame, but it's good that it's come to the public eye. Business is business as they say, but not paying your fees is underhanded in my opinion. Good luck in your separate ventures Aquatuning!
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 17-05-13, 01:22 PM

Why am I not surprised ?
I stopped using EKWB products more than a year ago, after a few fiascos concerning their liability when using their products (see corrosion , etc...) and the fact that they answered to end-users like they where a piece of sh$$t.
Give me Alphacool, Watercool, Phobya, Koolance, XSPC, Swiftech ...
For me no EKWB anymore..
Old 17-05-13, 03:14 PM

This isn't sad news at all. EK has slowly turned to garbage over the last few years. Good riddance. However, it's kind of unprofessional to set this drama down in public. It is a business affair, and no mud-dragging should touch the eye of the consumer.
Old 17-05-13, 03:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmonger View Post
This isn't sad news at all. EK has slowly turned to garbage over the last few years. Good riddance. However, it's kind of unprofessional to set this drama down in public. It is a business affair, and no mud-dragging should touch the eye of the consumer.
in this society we live in, how many people would just let it rest if they didn't explain? someone would dig about and spread rumours. at least this way we know the truth upfront.
Old 17-05-13, 05:29 PM

Good, EK are arseholes with their sli/crossfire bridges... they look ugly and ruin the look of the actual blocks because you can't use other bridges or tubing/crystalink.