Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Aquatuning Customer Care

Old 16-05-13, 10:12 PM

Product Design Center - You design it!

I'm sure you have all had times in a build where you say to yourself I wish there was a product to to this....

Well here is your chance to have your say. Either on an existing product or a product you would like to see hit the market.

Here you can share and discuss ideas and if they are good we can make them!

When posting here please try and keep posts factual, include reasons why you need this product or why it should be changed. Also try to include as much detail as possible from a sketch to a 3D model if you have the skills.

Old 16-05-13, 11:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quick question;

I'm assuming you mean only watercooling related products?

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 17-05-13, 12:04 AM
OC3D Elite

In my limited experience in watercooling have encountered a little annoyance or two. I have a switch 810 with a 360 g changer in the roof and front both are in push pull. I have a rampage iv extreme motherboard. In the construction of this radiator the overall depth is 60 but the actual depth of the fins is im guessing between 40-45mm which leaves clearance for screws to not penetrate the water channels I understand this perfectly but if the clearance on each sides was reduced by 2.5mm to bring the overall thickness to 55mm roof mounting a push pull rad would become a considerable amount easier for actual hardware and wire clearances. Obviously there would be a slightly increased chance of piercing the channels but a small plate to cover the area below the thread would provide suitable protection. Another potential radiator addition could be a dedicated port for bleeding air as not all models include multiple ports and some have 2 some have four and some have 6 at the one end the gchanger has a bleed screw but its freaking useless the oring is awful and sometimes access is impossible so that could be something to think about. I hqve seen small pumps like the ddc that has a res top available. The same thing in a d5 format would be amazing.
Old 17-05-13, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Quick question;

I'm assuming you mean only watercooling related products?
This could be any air cooling / watercooling / modding related issue.
Old 17-05-13, 10:34 AM
OC3D Elite

I don't know if you have enough leverage with the manufacturers to get them to do this, but I
would really love it if the 140 mm fan market started to offer some proper radiator fans with
good pressure. I know there are some good 140 fans out there, but with Alphacool's
140 radiator line being so grand now, I think it's time for the fan manufacturers to step up
their game in that market segment (yes, I know the 120 market is a lot larger, or at least I
estimate it to be, but nonetheless, good fan choices for 140 radiators would certainly make
more people consider that option I would think).

Something like a Corsair SP140, or the Noiseblocker eLoops in a 140 version, or a 140 Gentle
Typhoon line. I'm sure there are others I have forgotten. Also, I would appreciate the Noctua
NF-A14 FLX being available in your shop at some point, because from what I've read that is
very much going in the right direction for me.

Another thing: I think it's awesome that there are some proper 180 mm wide radiators now.
I would be absolutely stoked if there were 60 mm thick versions of those.

As a side note: Not so much a product request, but personally I found Aquatuning's fan section
in the shop more practical when it was sorted by size->manufacturer instead of size->colour,
but I realize that that might just be my personal preference and not necessarily an actually better
concept.
Old 17-05-13, 11:50 AM
OC3D Elite

what about lighting like the nzxt lighting kits in 2m but not so expensive as the phobya ones. it would even be nicer if it would be able to change colour but cheaper than the nzxt hue and maybe with a white bezel or internal and having a remote.

Old 17-05-13, 12:51 PM

Ok we wil take these in to consideration. We have the phobya version of the eloop so more sizes and colours will be coming
Old 17-05-13, 01:00 PM
OC3D Elite

i would love to be able to buy radiators in multiple colors to fit the color scheme.
/edit
oh and like alpenwasser said, the search function on your website could be a little bit more enhanced.
Old 17-05-13, 01:09 PM
The Webmaster

I'm behind the 140mm fan thing. I need to replace all mine cuz they're rubbish, but the alternatives aren't worth trying at £10 a pop... (i need 8).

A Corsair SP140 or similar from Noctua would seriously get my attention...
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 17-05-13, 03:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatuning View Post
We have the phobya version of the eloop so more sizes and colours will be coming
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
A Corsair SP140 or similar from Noctua would seriously get my attention...
Noctua does have the NF-A14 FLX (link) along with a ULN and a PWM version of it, but so far
I've only been able to find it at one store (caseking) along with a local store which acts as a
reseller for ck. Funny thing is, I only found out about that fan existing by pure chance, it
seems to be rather obscure so far, no idea why tbh. From what little info I've been able to
find, it seems to be rather good.