Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 13-02-18, 09:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
yer i was just watching some vids and thinking wot the bloody hell is this mouth to lung , mouth to wot ever jargon lol if its anything to do with how you suck on it i would deffo prefer it to give me the kinda suction a drag of a fag would so it wont feel to alien (disclaimer - do not wish to feel up alienALX) to

iv found 4 shops near me that i reckon if i venture to the outer world tomorrow will be where i will buy from quick better than waiting for amazon to deliver to this rock

if anyone's interested check them and see which mod (see already learning the jargon) is best cos not seen any of them proposed to me earlier

http://www.my-ecigshop.com/avp/box-mod

http://justvape.eu/products/vape-kits-vape-tanks/

http://electrovape.eu/mods.html?price=-100

http://www.liquidpuff.com/product-category/mods/

i can see this starting to be expensive which will not bode well with that woman who also lives here and also knows better than me every single time
No it needn't be expensive at all. Just remember, though, a £70 "mod" or battery or whatever you want to call it doesn't just last a couple of months and then you throw it away. Most of my vaping gear has been with me for the past five years and I still use it all of the time. Those Genitanks that hold a boatload of liquid are actually illegal now, as are the Aerotanks. But that is why I still use them, because I don't have to mess around with filling them up every ten seconds.

Don't fall into the trap of making huge clouds. You really don't want to do that because yes, that does get expensive and nicotine is progressive, so the more you vape the more you will need.

Just keep it sensible, at a sensible wattage and get something that can give you a decent lungful without going mental.

These idiots that are dripping etc are just morons overdoing it.

Edit. you are looking at uber high end gear. Why? do you think it makes the important part (nicotine delivery to your mouth, because that is where the magic happens) any better? it doesn't, dude. All you need is something reliable that can give you nicotine.

It's not computer parts dude. You don't need to willy wave, you just need to stop smoking cancer sticks.

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.
Old 13-02-18, 10:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
yer i was just watching some vids and thinking wot the bloody hell is this mouth to lung , mouth to wot ever lol if its anything to do with how you suck on it i would deffo prefer it to give me the kinda suction a drag of a fag would so it wont feel to alien (disclaimer - do not wish to feel up alienALX) to

iv found 4 shops near me that i reckon if i venture to the outer world tomorrow will be where i will buy from quick better than waiting for amazon to deliver to this rock

if anyone's interested check them and see which mod (see already learning the jargon) is best cos not seen any of them proposed to me earlier cos dont wana go in there and get sold untold crap i have no use for

http://www.my-ecigshop.com/avp/box-mod

http://justvape.eu/products/vape-kits-vape-tanks/

http://electrovape.eu/mods.html?price=-100

http://www.liquidpuff.com/product-category/mods/

i can see this starting to be expensive which will not bode well with that woman who also lives here and also knows better than me every single time
If you want to replicate the act of smoking then you'll be looking for a "mouth to lung" or "mtl/m2l" type vape, and probably starting high on the nicotine (I started at 24mg).

The reason I suggested the Aspire kit is simply because they're very popular and the replacement coils are readily available in most shops.

As far as mods go that's entirely subjective; there's no need for high power as you'll most likely be over 1ohm resistance (I build 1 ohm coils and am vaping at 17W). Generally I'd ignore anything over 100W, but you might decide you want to try a bit of cloud chasing later on.
Bear in mind that some mods come with built-in li-ion batteries and only some can be used while charging, and others will require you to buy separate batteries (18650 is the standard) and possibly a charger if the mod doesn't support in-situ charging

From the links you gave the majority of the "kits" are sub-ohm and not what you suggest you're looking for.

You'd be as well picking up a super basic starter tank like this: http://justvape.eu/aspire-et-s-bvc-pyrex-clearomizer/

and any cheap mod (you'll only use around 7-10W on the coils for that tank), just to see if you take to vaping

i3 6100 -- Sapphire RX 470 4GB -- 8GB 2400mhz Avexir Core White DDR4
Asus B150M-A/m.2 -- Corsair AX760 -- Bitfenix Prodigy M

Old 13-02-18, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
OK guide to making strong Eliquid. Back in the days before May 2017 you could buy 24mg and 28mg ready mixed Eliquid. However, the EU being the C words that they are decided that they would mess with everything and change it for no god damned reason. Really annoying things like - "Sorry, you can no longer have a tank that holds more than 2ml of Eliquid !" and so on. They also said that you can not buy Eliquid any stronger than 3mg. You will never quit smoking on 3mg. You would need the cig surgically attached to your body to give up smoking on that. Hence, 72mg nicotine. It is not legal to sell for vaping, but it is legal to sell regardless. They can not stop that. So, here is what you do.

Firstly, as I said, buy a 100ml bottle of vape. It will come in a 120ml bottle, there is a good reason for that. Now, I have encountered a few different types in my time, but I stick with two mainly now. Some sites will try and sell you mixing bottles for an extra quid or two F that dude. Don't waste your cash.

OK, so this is my latest vape here. I am about 2/3 of the way through it now I will be ordering more next week. Any way, this comes with a spout that is not removable.

However, if you look up close you will get the game I use.

I have cut off some of the spout with a scalpel. Why would I do that you may ask? because then I can do this...

That is a hypodermic needle dummy (it's blunt) they are pennies on Ebay. OK, so here is what you don't do. DO NOT try and suck the nicotine through that needle. Eliquid is generally quite thick. PG based Eliquid (I will cover that at the end) is slightly thinner than VG liquid. As I said, I will explain what they are and the benefits/cons of them later.

So firstly lay out some paper towels on your desk. Please trust me, do this. Eliquid is sticky and messy. If you spill it you will make a nice sticky mess. These are the "tools" I use for mixing. Those and a scalpel and some paper towels are all you need.

Now as I said, you can not suck the nicotine up through the needle. What will happen is you will pull so hard the syringe will come apart inside, rendering it useless. Here is my nicotine.

The bottle in the middle? good ! the bottle to the right? bad. Here is why. The easiest way to get the nicotine out is to have the ability to basically stick the entire sodding syringe into the nico bottle. Like this.

You only need it in deep enough to reach liquid. Make sure it stays submerged, or you will get a load of air in there. Once you do that and remove the full syringe from the bottle wipe down the body of the syringe with a paper towel and discard it.

Then, you simply slot the syringe into the needle, press it down and start pushing. HOLD THE BOTTLE FIRM or it will go over.

Keep pushing until the syringe is empty. Now, go to the nearest sink and wash it out and in with warm water. You don't need to throw it away, that would be a waste. To clean the "needle" just fill up the sink with warm water and suck/empty a few times. Then pat it dry and set aside.

Then just replace the lid and shake the absolute crap out of it for about two minutes. Like you would a can of spray paint.

And that's it, bingo bongo 20mg 120ml of liquid.

Now here is the other type.

Note - plain screw on lid and drip tip lid. You don't need to cut these, just take off the lid lid and squirt in the nicotine (you don't even need the needle tbh) then replace the lid lid, shake the crap out of it and then put on the drip tip lid.

OK.

PG - propelene glycol. This stuff is water based, so do expect some water to come running out of your nose. Don't worry, you don't have a cold. It's mildly annoying BUT it vapes into big wonderful fluffy clouds. Something you will become rather fond of. It is also used in Asthma pumps and food.

VG - vegetable glycol. This stuff is thicker than PG and vapes less. However, it lasts a lot longer in vaping time. The downside of this is big sticky "greenies" but they are not green they are like a yellowish colour. Because of this (and the fact that I naturally have a very dry nose) I have switched to PG for all of my vaping. I really didn't like hocking up loogies all of the time.

BTW final notes.. I may add to this.

If you get a skinny bottle of Eliquid then just buy a bottle with a larger neck/opening. You don't ever need to replace it (I am keeping the bigger one) just wash it out when empty, dry and then pour in other bottles.
Just pop the cap off with a knife under the rim, add your nic and snap it back down! No need for this syringe business?
Old 13-02-18, 10:25 PM
OC3D Elite

I started off with the Aspire Pockex and 18mg juice then moved on to the Aspire zelos the zelos has the nautilus 2 atomizer, my only complaint with them was the battery is built in which makes them a throw away once it degrades.

Juice flavours as AA says is personal I hate the fruity sweet flavours love menthol and aniseed mixes I'd suggest if you have a local shop get a few smaller 10ml bottles of different flavours or if it's a good shop it will have testers you can try

Vaping doesn't agree with everybody so I wouldn't go overboard to start just see how you get on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
Just pop the cap off with a knife under the rim, add your nic and snap it back down! No need for this syringe business?
I just use my teeth to take the top off simples
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 13-02-18, 11:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
I tried all of that and it didn't work. IDK tbh. I also cut them any way as I like them angled. My tanks fill from the bottom and it's very easy to squirt it down the middle (yuck lol) so I slant them so I can squirt it in down the side, if that makes sense. I put it against the outside wall and squirt it down the sides of the tank so it misses the middle completely.

Greenback. It looks like an 18650 in there. ED. It's not. 20600 apparently, not sure if you can buy them? would need to check.

http://www.indianvapers.com/forum/va...box-mod-review

Easy to replace. Looks like it's soldered or something. My Coolfire IV is like that too, no doubt I am going to replace the cell when it finally dies.

That is partially why the Itaste VTR was £70. Firstly it's like solid brass and weighs a ton (which I actually don't like, I have smashed a phone screen and broken a SD card from it simply tipping onto them) but it takes a drop in 18650. Bit of a PITA because then you need a box charger, but all being well should last for ages and ages. I've just totally gone off the weight. It's like half a bloody brick heavy.

Who do you think you are? running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts, tearing love apart. You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul, so don't come back for me, don't come back at all.
Old 14-02-18, 11:02 AM

Ok let the vaping begin

thought id start of simple non of that mixing n matching ect see were it leads me to

got a few extra coils as well hopefully will be suckin no more tar for now, then lower the nicotine intake as well cut this crap out my life once and for all
Old 14-02-18, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Blimey you don't mess around

Edit. I would say good luck, but seriously you'll be getting more than enough nicotine to pack in the fags. It's also a nice habit in ways because it doesn't stink and you can change flavours too every now and then (you will need to, as vaper's tongue means after a few weeks you can't taste it any more).

Old 14-02-18, 05:24 PM

lol well to much time on my hands as you have gathered still trying to understand all the bits and bods how many watts ect and the coils it came with are 2 different ones

https://i.imgur.com/2wLfzU5.png what ever that means im using the the 1.8ohm

at 10.5 to 12 volts on that body

think the guy in the shop done a dirty cos when just checked on some reviews and unboxing of this joyetech evic primo se 80w system i got they all come with its own top...atomizer ? anyways in the mini box inside instead of it been in there there was only a usb charging cable lol the thieving monkey

i'll give him a bell tomorrows see what he has to say about it
Old 14-02-18, 05:34 PM
OC3D Elite

1.8ohm is perfect for a smoker. I use 1.5-2 depending on what is cheap. Like I said before I am paying about 80p per coil, and get 3-7 days out of them. I had one pop earlier as it goes, but I had it in there for about 6 days.

Atomizer/tank/cartomizer. All pretty much the same thing tbh dude. You just want one that gives a nice steady vape for you to smoke with (drag, breathe in etc). I do have a sub ohm tank and coils but like I said, all flavour no vape. And that annoyed me as I like blowing it out my nose etc. I guess people treat those like a bong where you suck it straight into your lungs. All a bit pointless really, just another way to abuse a drug.

You should have absolutely no issues switching to vape. You pick it up, put it in your mouth, draw, breathe in and blow out. It's exactly the same motor function as smoking and you get the same reward out of it. Only it tastes much better and tbh? even if it gives me cancer I won't be gasping for breath as I die like I used to with smoking.