Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 09-02-19, 03:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Super happy for you Alien! New place looks awesome

Also enjoy the new toy Dice

My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K 4.5Ghz, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 09-02-19, 06:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks amazing though dude!

Cheers Will. Having help has been amazing. Looking forward to a new start now. No more women or stress haha

Old 09-02-19, 11:17 PM
OC3D Crew

Jesus Alien, that difference is like leaving the Gulag!

Also, remember Gibbo over at Overclockers saying the severly limited Radeon VII stock? I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._availability/
Old 10-02-19, 02:01 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Jesus Alien, that difference is like leaving the Gulag!

Also, remember Gibbo over at Overclockers saying the severly limited Radeon VII stock? I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment..._availability/

Gibbo would say anything to make money, He'd sell his first born if he could get away with it, He's really not a decent person.

Old 10-02-19, 10:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Congratulations Alien, it looks like a proper place, really nice score that one!
Old 10-02-19, 10:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks dude.

Today I threw out another 7 bags of crap (mostly my ex wife's hoarder junk she brought here from a 3 bed house) as well as giving away a set of bike wheels on Facebook and then I packed up the bedroom and took down a crap pic my ex had and am painting the frame black and have a Breakfast At Tiffany's poster going in. Will look awesome in my kitchen

But yeah, not sleeping much but kicking ass. When my mood drops I'll just go to my mother's for a few days and sleep some.

Ikea are delivering my bedroom tomorrow so that will be added to the pile lol.

Old 11-02-19, 01:43 AM
OC3D Crew

I dont think we should have anymore articles sourced from gibbo after this & Vega1 launch, way too much incentive for him to distort the truth and now a track record of it, gotta be careful you're not inadvertently doing the dirty work for someone as a media outlet.

Check out my latest piece of commissioned work: http://ehenleyshutters.com/novo-in-black/
[It's a company page not run by me, I just did the electronics & software design work]
Old 11-02-19, 07:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
I dont think we should have anymore articles sourced from gibbo after this & Vega1 launch, way too much incentive for him to distort the truth and now a track record of it, gotta be careful you're not inadvertently doing the dirty work for someone as a media outlet.
I think that is just the way the world works now fella.

It's only recently that media sites have been taking his sales pitches and quoting them as news tbh. For years he's been doing stuff like that week in week out and no one has taken it any further than the OCUK forum.

If I hadn't worked in a U.S call centre for nearly three years and been forced to do so many training seminars then I wouldn't know all of the dirty tricks associated with selling. But he pulls all of them.

Old 11-02-19, 07:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Wow, forgot all about this.

When my ex moved in she brought all of her crap with her. An entire 3 bed house. So when she left she was incredibly selective about what she took. IE - anything worth anything and then left me with all of the hoarder crap.

Well about three years ago I bought her a movie poster and never told her. It was going to be a surprise. For a frame there was one in the hall way that had a crap pic in it (even she didn't like it) and I was going to take it apart, paint the frame up and then put the poster in. I never did do it, which in hindsight was awesome because if I'd spent the best part of two days doing it she would have taken it with her.

The frame had been subjected to damp at some point. So I vacuumed off the dirt and dust that was in the crevices, then scrubbed it with alcohol to kill any spores (I never even noticed tbh) and then hit it with Hammerite.

One more coat and I can leave it to harden for a couple of days, then put it all back together. Will look pretty killer in my kitchen

Old 12-02-19, 09:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Sleep ! bugger me I forgot what that was !

For 10 days straight I have been packing (from 10am until 11pm every day) and running out rubbish (4 sacks full for every box I pack). I also ran back and forth to the trust to sign notarised letters, send my two month's notice and also lots of trips to the charity shop thanks to my ex. Thank god they still take DVDs, as she had left me her entire collection FFS. About 200 DVDs.

I also started forgetting to sleep. I was going to bed around midnight (after eating and bathing) and then watching Netflix til 4am, then getting up 7am. At which point my memory started to slip and I started missing doses of my anti psychotics. By the time I got to mum's yesterday I had had such little sleep I started hearing things. Last night in bed I kept hearing an owl (watching Wheeler Dealers at 1am) but every time I muted the TV nothing.

So I managed to get to sleep around 2am. I was woken at 7 by my sodding cockerel alarm clock which I had set to always on. Got back to sleep around 11am and finally got some undisturbed sleep until around 4pm. No wake ups at all.

I forgot that in day to day life I overdo it to the point I lose my mind. It brought back memories of lying in bed around 1am, then getting paranoid I had left the computer shop unlocked or not set the alarm, then ending up in a taxi going back to the shop etc.

I need to start taking it easy. The days of being awake for four days without paying a penalty are long behind me now.

So here's to new starts. Packed away all my soldering and fiddling gear. Thrown away the large container of wires and pins and connectors etc. Tools will be left packed and put into storage, I gotta start taking it easy.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk