Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 19-09-17, 03:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
Might have to copy that idea. Not got a high-gloss case but one day I am going to brain myself on the edge of the desk turning it on!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Com...ower+button%23

There you go matey. Takes a couple of weeks to arrive (HK) but you won't find it cheaper I doubt. Yeah, very solid idea thanks for that G, I had forgotten all about it

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Good morning all. I am not usually up this early but the phantom doorbell in my head went off at 6:50 AM. Cue me rushing to the door in my Star Wars dressing gown only for no one to be there.

So just a text update for now. The water cooling parts should arrive today. My aim is to hopefully get the res and pump mounted and attached to the rad. That is usually the hardest part and takes a lot of tinkering and taking things in and out..

Sadly nothing at all of note arrived yesterday the postman came and went and I then started the "big sit" for Hermes. I was busting for the toilet but instead sat until 7:30 PM waiting because I got an email telling me they were coming between 5-9pm. Pee take if you ask me. Any way, by 7:30 I needed the toilet so badly I phoned the courier who said he wasn't coming because he was sick, FFS. He could have replied to my text at 12 noon, then I would not have had to bottle one up for 7.5 hours.

I think he has the monitor and the sound card. The monitor is fine obs, won't be doing anything to that. The sound card however I want to box in like I did with the GPU. So I could do with that here.

So yeah, unfortunately that's about it. Made loads of orders last week yet none have materialised yet

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Stuff like this is why I flat out refuse to use Hermes, had parcels late, damaged, thrown over gates and all that.

I know how you feel with waiting for orders. More of an anxious wait than the build up to christmas as a kid lol

Main Rig
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Secondary Rig (Under Repair)
Phenom II X4 955 | Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Cooler TBC | RAM TBC | XFX Radeon HD 6850 | SSD TBC | HDD TBC | PSU TBC | Case TBC
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

Oh g0ggles, please don't get him started on Hermes, you'll never hear the end of it!
(not saying it isn't justified though)
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenedd View Post
Oh g0ggles, please don't get him started on Hermes, you'll never hear the end of it!
(not saying it isn't justified though)
Aye I'll bear that in mind haha
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Well so much for him turning up at noon. Liar.

The OCUK stuff arrived and I assembled the res. Not sure I like it really as even when assembled really tight you can still pull the ends off. This means the pump will need to me propped up to stop it pulling the res apart. PITA !

Because of my mistrust I have set up a "faux loop" and am going to run it for a few hours and see if anything leaks out.

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Looks like they've used a larger version of the compression fittings for acrylic tube so it's essentially only held on by the grip of the o-ring against the outside of the tube. They must be good because Primochill are certain people will copy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primochill
CTRs are certain to be copied, but remember that PrimoChill’s are Made in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primochill
What makes the NEW CTRs so unique and not like anything on the market today is the ingenious compression ring end caps that make a water tight seal without the need to cut or tap the end of the reservoir
It's also "unique" for a tube res to not have the ends of the tube cut or tapped apparently. I suspect that Aqua Computer may argue that point as they use a glass tube which isn't threaded either.
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Only problem is you can't hang a pump from it ! Would have been completely screwed had I used this res in the triad ! I'm going to have to support the pump from underneath somehow. Got an idea, should work

Old Today, 08:45 AM

My Hermes delivery just turned up before yours....and so began the sport of Hermes racing! Don't think they'd let us paint numbers on them (that's how you know it's a proper race!) but we can just get them to deliver large painted numbers - say 200 miles in opposite directions?