Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-09-17, 05:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Yup, a boat load of CTDs for entirely different reasons.

Old 16-09-17, 12:13 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Yup, a boat load of CTDs for entirely different reasons.
Only if the mod is poorly made.
Old 16-09-17, 02:01 PM

Skyrim SE script extender is actually pretty exciting. i put 500 hours into skyrim modding it and only 11 into SE. I think that this might actually change it
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old 16-09-17, 03:41 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcorp View Post
Skyrim SE script extender is actually pretty exciting. i put 500 hours into skyrim modding it and only 11 into SE. I think that this might actually change it
Like wise, it's a time consuming process gathering your mods and making them all work together. At last count I believe I was running 30+ but I think Dicehunter was running much more. The game looked incredible and the wait for mods to start porting to SE was a test of patients

EDIT: I knew I'd done a Skyrim Modding thread https://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=78689

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 18-09-17, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I knew about 64 bit, I just didn't think it makes a crap worth of difference on a game that people have been successfully modding for years. It's not like they did an entire engine re-write. I just don't see the point, but I'm also not a mod creator either.
The main benefit of the 64bit engine is that when you have a heavily modded game it can run out of addressable memory, and gets really unstable. I only encountered this a few times but it took me ages to get all of my mods working together.

This might tempt be back into playing skyrim again
3*140 SR1 Rad
all stuffed in an FD arc midi
Old 18-09-17, 05:51 PM

I have managed to skyrim skyui working with the SSE and SSE64. I extracted the SkyUI.bsa and rezipped it with 7zip and the installed with nexus mods utility. I still think we will be waiting a while for the mods to be ported over. I might have a play with skyrim SE again tonight. I have spent my time away from skyrim modding gtaV
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcorp View Post
I have managed to skyrim skyui working with the SSE and SSE64. I extracted the SkyUI.bsa and rezipped it with 7zip and the installed with nexus mods utility. I still think we will be waiting a while for the mods to be ported over. I might have a play with skyrim SE again tonight. I have spent my time away from skyrim modding gtaV
It's simpler than that. It'll run with loose files and the .esp but you can package it up for a mod manager if you like.

The only issue is the MCM. The game will run with the default setting no problem, but the moment you try to go across to the "System" menu the game crashes, therefore making the MCM menu unreachable so you can't edit anything. I've not ever worked on SkyUI at a Creation Kit level but maybe I'll get all my old modding tools back up and running and see what I can do; I used to be quite good at scripting.

[EDIT] Just re-checked the unpacked .bsa contents and there's no source scripts; I won't be able to fix it without basically making the mod from scratch. I'm not really sure I'm ready for that kind of challenge right now.

[EDIT2] It appears schlangster is already working an official port. Should be here soon. Yay!
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...3D499516&pUp=1