Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-03-20, 09:01 PM
News Guru

Black Mesa 1.0 is now available for PC, and its the best way to replay Half-Life

This fan creation is a masterpiece.

Read more about Black Mesa 1.0 releasing on PC.

Old 07-03-20, 03:04 AM
AMD Enthusiast

I've never played half life.. any of them. So I never understood the hype. But hey it's already got insane ratings on steam so I guess it must be fantastic
Old 07-03-20, 03:31 AM

You should try playing them . The original half-life is what got me into upgrading my PC. My first PC had a Cyrix CPU and onboard video. I played Half-Life in software mode and some spots the frame rate dipped so low it was unplayable. Then I started upgrading and saw the game in a whole new light. To this day I still prefer linear games for the most part, especially single player. Anyway, check them out, you might like them. Or not...

Old 07-03-20, 10:19 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
You should try playing them . The original half-life is what got me into upgrading my PC. My first PC had a Cyrix CPU and onboard video. I played Half-Life in software mode and some spots the frame rate dipped so low it was unplayable. Then I started upgrading and saw the game in a whole new light. To this day I still prefer linear games for the most part, especially single player. Anyway, check them out, you might like them. Or not...
Cyrix. That's a blast from the past.
Old 09-03-20, 02:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Went to buy it. £15.

So I obtained it from elsewhere to see what it was like. It looks nice, not great. The characters still look stiff and odd. The graphics look modern, yet still dated. IDK why.

Either way after 30 mins I realised it was just the original Half Life, again. I'd already played it with prettier graphics before.

I wouldn't mind but I've bought Half Life and every other version at least once before. Then I bought the orange box. Maybe they should have considered this when asking people to fork out another £15, in what seems like an attempt to get people back on the pipe for HL Alyx.

It's OK but I am not playing through it again. Gameplay has moved on, and it's nowhere near as innovative as 20 odd years ago.

Old 09-03-20, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Cyrix. That's a blast from the past.
I think I may even have it in a box somewhere. I know I don't have the board. I wanted to upgrade the computer and my parents wouldn't let me spend the money even though I bought the computer myself and would be buying the new parts as well. Anyway, as any teen would do, I bricked the board by unplugging the computer during a BIOS flash. A week later I had some new parts and down the rabbit hole I went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Went to buy it. £15.

So I obtained it from elsewhere to see what it was like. It looks nice, not great. The characters still look stiff and odd. The graphics look modern, yet still dated. IDK why.

Either way after 30 mins I realised it was just the original Half Life, again. I'd already played it with prettier graphics before.

I wouldn't mind but I've bought Half Life and every other version at least once before. Then I bought the orange box. Maybe they should have considered this when asking people to fork out another £15, in what seems like an attempt to get people back on the pipe for HL Alyx.

It's OK but I am not playing through it again. Gameplay has moved on, and it's nowhere near as innovative as 20 odd years ago.
It's not a Valve produced game, all community driven, isn't it? It was always supposed to be free, but considering all the time and effort these volunteers put in I'm not surprised there's an entry fee.

Old 09-03-20, 03:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Having played it a little more after the disaster it has had quite a bit added to it. So it's much better than I thought.

I wouldn't be annoyed if most of that wasn't going to Gabe tbh.