Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 09-06-16, 05:02 PM

Asus X99 E-WS EATX board in ATX Case

Hey,

I'm building a workstation for myself to work from home. However it will be more than likely of me having to use my own equipment on certain jobs, so I want to be able to move it about easily. So i've brought my motherboard, the Asus X99 E-WS, and i'm looking to put it in the smallest case possible. Initially i've been looking at the NZXT H440 as it looks stunning as well. I've also checked out the Corsair Obsidian 450D.

Would I come into any problems with this? I know its only ATX compatible but I saw that Linus put the same board in the same case by removing the rubber stand-offs.

The expansion cards i'm using are the PNY Nvidia Quadro M400, Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD and possibly a raid controller in the future.

Cheers!

Old 08-07-16, 05:30 PM

take a look at Thermaltake core x9 or carbide air 540 if you want a cube case compact with style or a phanteks enthoo atx tempered glass http://phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX-TemperedGlass.html
Old 09-07-16, 03:59 AM
OC3D Elite

If you can wait EVGA is coming out with a new case that will fit E-ATX motherboard or like above said about the Corsair Air 540 i could not recommend the Thermaltake core x9 IMO it doesn't look that nice.

Tags
450d, asus x99 e-ws, atx, eatx, h440