Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 01-08-14, 12:37 PM
OC3D Crew

Fittings for Ridgid/Copper tubing! 12.7mm/half inch

Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to redo my tubing in 1/2inch/12.7mil copper tube.

I've chosen copper over say primochill rigid for a couple of reasons. But the 2 main reasons being it's a bit more unique and the other being that copper is heaps easier to work with an much more forgiving if you make small errors.

The primochill ghost fittings are a perfect fit. But I'd like to keep the bending where possible to a minimum and primochill dont make angels, elbows etc. I've seen alot of builds using bits power fittings and the out come is superb. I'm not overly familar with Bitspower so I don't even know where to look in their range which is huge.

So yea I was hoping someone that has done a rigid build could point me in the right direction for fittings. They don't necessarily have to be bitspower.

Cheers,
Xr.

Old 09-08-14, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrqute View Post
Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to redo my tubing in 1/2inch/12.7mil copper tube.

I've chosen copper over say primochill rigid for a couple of reasons. But the 2 main reasons being it's a bit more unique and the other being that copper is heaps easier to work with an much more forgiving if you make small errors.

The primochill ghost fittings are a perfect fit. But I'd like to keep the bending where possible to a minimum and primochill dont make angels, elbows etc. I've seen alot of builds using bits power fittings and the out come is superb. I'm not overly familar with Bitspower so I don't even know where to look in their range which is huge.

So yea I was hoping someone that has done a rigid build could point me in the right direction for fittings. They don't necessarily have to be bitspower.

Cheers,
Xr.
primochills fittings are pretty much top of the line when it comes to rigid tubes. if you want to keep minimal bends. i suggest using bitspower crystal links and use straight runs with angled fittings.
Old 09-08-14, 06:24 PM
Average Penis Too

You should ask B-Negative for advice on this (maybe via PM)! He's amazing with this sort of stuff

My suggestion: if you really like the Primochill fittings, find some adapters like these from bitspower (but then in copper):

Then you could just use your preferred fittings

Hope this helped a bit!

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 09-08-14, 08:23 PM
OC3D Crew

I'd lovd to move down this path with my rig but jesus it would be expensive.

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/detail/i...Category/10723

£13.71x1.81= $24.81Aus for 1 40cm length.

I pay $25 for a 4 pack of primochill which is 24" so about 60cm each.

But I do admit I really like their fittings especially with the double O-Rings for that extra piece of mind.

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/detail/i...Category/12417

At about $7.5Aus a fitting thats about what you pay for primochill ghost fittings.

Old 10-08-14, 10:34 PM
OC3D Crew

For my build I bought the push in fittings from Aquatuning, various ones on this page.

The tubing they sell looks great, but I bought 10m (yes, 10 metres) of normal coiled copper tubing so that I could practice with, and I used a lot of it (I'm not a plumber). Learn how to mark the pipe and the kind of radius you get with the tool. Once I had the tubing perfected I then copied them using chromed tubing I bought from ebay.

Bending is a pain though, takes time and practice. If you don't want to bend tubing use the right angles and straight pipes, but the more you add the more the cost increases (as you've shown) as well as possible leaks.
Old 10-08-14, 10:54 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterae View Post
For my build I bought the push in fittings from Aquatuning, various ones on this page.

The tubing they sell looks great, but I bought 10m (yes, 10 metres) of normal coiled copper tubing so that I could practice with, and I used a lot of it (I'm not a plumber). Learn how to mark the pipe and the kind of radius you get with the tool. Once I had the tubing perfected I then copied them using chromed tubing I bought from ebay.

Bending is a pain though, takes time and practice. If you don't want to bend tubing use the right angles and straight pipes, but the more you add the more the cost increases (as you've shown) as well as possible leaks.
Tried the copper and failed miserably as you can see here

I went through 7m of copper trying to get it right but just wasn't happening for me, I'm not a plumber either but i am an electrician lol

i gave the copper away and gave the primochill acrylic another shot and managed to get the technique right. like making the bends more sweeping instead of sharp etc...... i just released last night that the pipe from my mobo to Gpu needs to be changed because i can't put my side panel on because the pipe sticks out to far zzzz

i was also thinking about grabbing a heap of these and useing them with the primochill ghost fittings since the elbows are so bloody cheap. or even use these with the elbows and leave the ghosts on the in's and out of my blocks res etc