Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 04-08-14, 02:45 PM

Help on 900D GPU loop

So this is my current loop run. Its pretty fugly as it is, its my first watercooling build and with acrylic tubing.
The Run goes from Rez>(upsidedown)pump>flowmeter> top of GPU, bot gpu to bottom port of quad UT60, top port of quad to Bottom of dual UT60, and then the top of the Ut60 to a dual ST30 on the front, and then back to the rez.
temps are under 40 on heaven with ambient temps of low 20s. Recently i got a crack on the acrylic pipe which made me think theres too much restriction and therefore the pump is increasing the pressure even more. Please give me some advice on how to rework the runs. Thanks.
PS. Its going to be put into parallel when i get back

Edit: xspc razor 780

Old 06-08-14, 01:07 AM

bump.
Old 06-08-14, 08:54 AM
OC3D Elite

What tubing are you using? I shouldnt think the tube would crack from the pump. I have MCP 35x which is a pretty strong one and no issues with my tubing. But high restriction wouldnt cause a crack really high restriction would just mean poor flow.

Why didnt you feed the GPUs from the bottom and outlet from the top though?
Old 06-08-14, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
What tubing are you using? I shouldnt think the tube would crack from the pump. I have MCP 35x which is a pretty strong one and no issues with my tubing. But high restriction wouldnt cause a crack really high restriction would just mean poor flow.

Why didnt you feed the GPUs from the bottom and outlet from the top though?
primochill rigid acrylic. its 3/8 by 1/2. it could be from a stress bend. im pretty sure i do have poor flow considering i have 3 gpu blocks with 3 rads. If u can suggest any way i may change the loop runs, that would be perfect.
Old 06-08-14, 10:33 AM
The Webmaster

What fluid are you using?

(also, please don't bump threads, be patient, someone will respond, double posting is against the forums rules).
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 06-08-14, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
What fluid are you using?

(also, please don't bump threads, be patient, someone will respond, double posting is against the forums rules).
Feser One uvs
Old 06-08-14, 01:03 PM
OC3D Elite

I would still run the loop from the flow meter into your bottom GPU first and out of the top. That would eliminate your U bend in the tube and also the 90degree fitting you have.

Considering you have done a decent job with the bending this helps with flow rather than slapping in a 90degree fitting.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/

This page will let you calculate the PSI required for your loop. Check it out and then calculate the components etc and compare it to your pump PSI rating.

At first glance though I don't see that much restriction in the loop. I am curious why you use a flow meter though. Personally I find them a distraction from the beauty of a well planned water loop.
Old 06-08-14, 01:11 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminer071 View Post
Feser One uvs
The Glycol alcohol in it, might be causing your acrylic to fracture. I've got non uv feser and it hasn't caused any issues in mine, not sure if there is more in the UV stuff?

With regards pressure.. i very, very much doubt that a single pump (as it looks?) will cause enough pressure to make your acrylic fracture. I have 2 in series and it's fine. If there is *any* air in the loop at all (at top of res for example) that will compress much, much easier than anything else in the loop and will take any differences in pressure. I very much doubt that's a problem
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 06-08-14, 01:12 PM
The Guvnor

The hose wont have cracked because of the pressure.

Also parallel isnt what Id advise. The biggest issue with your loop is the hose from the GPU's down IMHO but that still wouldnt make me want to run anything but a series loop.

Ive been using a twin card system with a single loop for ages - Id much rather my rig be tidy

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 06-08-14, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I would still run the loop from the flow meter into your bottom GPU first and out of the top. That would eliminate your U bend in the tube and also the 90degree fitting you have.

Considering you have done a decent job with the bending this helps with flow rather than slapping in a 90degree fitting.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/

This page will let you calculate the PSI required for your loop. Check it out and then calculate the components etc and compare it to your pump PSI rating.

At first glance though I don't see that much restriction in the loop. I am curious why you use a flow meter though. Personally I find them a distraction from the beauty of a well planned water loop.
About the psi calculation there isn't a resistance spec for the GPU blocks