Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-03-20, 02:03 PM
News Guru

[email protected] takes up the fight against Coronavirus

Your space computational power could accelerate the development of Covid-19 treatments.

Read more about [email protected] joining the fight against Coronavirus.

Old 03-03-20, 09:47 AM
OC3D Crew

Awesome! I didn't know Android devices can fold too! Guess I'll let my phone fold while it's charging at night, anyways
Old 03-03-20, 04:34 PM
AMD Enthusiast

This is awesome. I'd like to contribute to this if I can. Surprising they already have access to this kind of data that needs computing tbh
Old 03-03-20, 06:39 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
This is awesome. I'd like to contribute to this if I can. Surprising they already have access to this kind of data that needs computing tbh
From what I hear, a lot of the work that has already been done on the Flu and Sars can be adapted to allow [email protected] users to compute Coronavirus related proteins etc.

This seems to be why work on this has been able to start so quickly.
Old 03-03-20, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Good to hear! You can fold anonymously or fold with a unique name and team number.
The points don't mean anything, but it adds to the competition aspect and lets you know if things are working properly.

Most of us just fold on GPUs now. As a comparison I get 1.5 to 2 million points per day (PPD) on my 2080 Super. On my 3900X I get 200k to 300k PPD.

You can get started here:
https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

If you want to keep track of your points it's a good idea to get a passkey. That way the points are unique to you and you get bonus points.

You can request a passkey here:
https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

After you install, input your username, passkey, and team (98860 for OC3D). Whether you fold for us or not we're here to help if you have any questions or get any issues trying to fold.

Old 03-03-20, 09:38 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Good to hear! You can fold anonymously or fold with a unique name and team number.
The points don't mean anything, but it adds to the competition aspect and lets you know if things are working properly.

Most of us just fold on GPUs now. As a comparison I get 1.5 to 2 million points per day (PPD) on my 2080 Super. On my 3900X I get 200k to 300k PPD.

You can get started here:
https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

If you want to keep track of your points it's a good idea to get a passkey. That way the points are unique to you and you get bonus points.

You can request a passkey here:
https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

After you install, input your username, passkey, and team (98860 for OC3D). Whether you fold for us or not we're here to help if you have any questions or get any issues trying to fold.
I didn't know that you get bonus points by using a passkey.
Old 03-03-20, 09:52 PM

Yep. It used to be after your first 10 consecutive completed WUs that were on time you could start receiving bonus points. I’m not sure what the bonus is anymore, but it was always pretty substantial. After that, completing WUs on time gives a bonus.

Old 04-03-20, 06:36 AM
OC3D Crew

Will we get a new post for when folding for Corona is available? And is folding on Android devices already fully functional?
Old 04-03-20, 09:16 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Ð View Post
Will we get a new post for when folding for Corona is available? And is folding on Android devices already fully functional?
Strange. There definitely was an Android client. Seems Sony open-sourced it and the app wasn't re-released. Very odd.

Yes, once I learn of more about their Corona Folding plans you can expect to hear more on the forums or through a new article. Whichever is most appropriate.