Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 21-04-17, 01:35 PM
News Guru

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th

Intel's X299 platform is rumoured to be launching on May 30th during the company's keynote at Computex 2017.

Read more on Intel's X299 platform.

Old 21-04-17, 06:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to kilobravo
Intel feels the pressure

For once,they are cooked.But if their prices are like now,feel free to imagine.

Old 21-04-17, 06:51 PM

Rushing a platform because they're afraid of the competition, huh? It just makes me want to buy the product that wasn't rushed to release.
Old 21-04-17, 08:13 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Rushing a platform because they're afraid of the competition, huh? It just makes me want to buy the product that wasn't rushed to release.
They probably don't feel rushed by AMD at all, and AMD did rush Ryzen, FYI

They need to drastically lower their enthusiast platform prices though; they are far north of absurd already currently. For me it's the sole reason to stay well away from this product line.
Old 21-04-17, 08:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
They probably don't feel rushed by AMD at all, and AMD did rush Ryzen, FYI

They need to drastically lower their enthusiast platform prices though; they are far north of absurd already currently. For me it's the sole reason to stay well away from this product line.
Ryzen wasn't rushed, however they did not give the motherboard manufacturers enough time, but then again most of them didn't think it would be a success, so both are at fault. I do see why people think it was though. AMD should definitely have helped them way in advance, and the companies should have taken it seriously

If Intel release these chips, the 1800x will get price drop, so an 8/16t CPU for even cheaper that'll still likely beat Intel in multi-threaded tasks, or match it.
White shores, and beyond,
A far green country under a swift sunrise.
-J.R.R Tolkien
Old 21-04-17, 09:49 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Ryzen wasn't rushed, however they did not give the motherboard manufacturers enough time, but then again most of them didn't think it would be a success, so both are at fault. I do see why people think it was though. AMD should definitely have helped them way in advance, and the companies should have taken it seriously

If Intel release these chips, the 1800x will get price drop, so an 8/16t CPU for even cheaper that'll still likely beat Intel in multi-threaded tasks, or match it.
Maybe it depends on how you look at it: they released a new microcode shortly after, which already had been in the works. Which to me makes its launch seem rushed. It doesn't matter though.

Indeed sir, spot on! Intel needs a reality check when it comes to their chip and chipset pricing - and they need to release high clocked 6/12 (at least) parts to their mainstream chipsets. Personally I've had enough of 4/8 core parts and it is therefor my hope that coffee lake indeed is more than an exclusive mobile part. *slaps head in anticipation of it needing a new socket, sigh*
Old 21-04-17, 09:58 PM
AMD Enthusiast

It does depend I guess.
But that doesn't make sense to me. Intel release micro codes after a launch as well?? I don't think that in particular is a good indicator of rushness
-J.R.R Tolkien
Old 21-04-17, 10:11 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It does depend I guess.
But that doesn't make sense to me. Intel release micro codes after a launch as well?? I don't think that in particular is a good indicator of rushness
Fair enough. May depend on the time frame although I admit that I don't know that of Intel. I do think it would have benefitted AMD to have waited for a spell.
Old 21-04-17, 10:39 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Yes it would have. They should have given the companies more time. Whether it was giving them earlier access or delaying the launch.
I do however think Intel are responding earlier than normal since Ryzen surprised everybody.
-J.R.R Tolkien
Old 21-04-17, 11:24 PM
OC3D Elite

To me this is just another indicator that Intel are worried as I don't think they thought Ryzen would be this good either and I think it's shaken them a little and let hope their pricing is a little more realistic although I won't hold my breath
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS