Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 17-12-18, 06:45 PM
OC3D Elite

The only bad thing about Alchemy cables is that if you are a serial ugprader (like I used to be) then you can catch the paracord which makes it go fuzzy. There's no fix for it, either.

Then again all paracord does it. I just really don't like the plastic stuff. It looks tacky.

Old 17-12-18, 08:48 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
I don't get this kinda of response. Obviously you don't like them, but I have no complaints about them. But in fact I've had two Corsair Platinum PSU's that died on me WITH CableMod cables attached. Now I'm not claiming its CableMod's fault, but it does smell to me.

The PSU's have short and over current protection. You can litterally short them out and they just go off.

The BF cables dont have caps and downgrade the performance of your PSU should you have them as standard.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-12-18, 11:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Depending on how much you wanna spend you can go really top end and speak to Pexon.

Not cheap, but v high quality using MDPC-X branded sleeving https://pexonpcs.co.uk/

I have one of his custom cables replacing the standard one on my Filco keyboard
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS RoG Gene VIII, Intel i5 6600K, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 16 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM, Kingston Hyper X Fury 480GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Corsair AX760w
Old 18-12-18, 08:25 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
The PSU's have short and over current protection. You can litterally short them out and they just go off.

The BF cables dont have caps and downgrade the performance of your PSU should you have them as standard.
Ok I get that, but I'm not even sure the old C-Series of CableMod cables had caps in them either. Quite honestly if they did, they'd have to be incredible tiny and there are no heat shrinks around the connectors either to indicate that.

So are you saying that I actually risk killing my entire system using these cables? If this is the case surely I don't want to use them, but the only reason I did was because the original ones are extremely bulky (I don't even have a side window on my case)
Old 18-12-18, 01:09 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Ok I get that, but I'm not even sure the old C-Series of CableMod cables had caps in them either. Quite honestly if they did, they'd have to be incredible tiny and there are no heat shrinks around the connectors either to indicate that.

So are you saying that I actually risk killing my entire system using these cables? If this is the case surely I don't want to use them, but the only reason I did was because the original ones are extremely bulky (I don't even have a side window on my case)
If the psu had them, the CM cables had them.

If your PSU should have caps on the cables then without the ripple levels will rise.

I actually helped Cable Mods with the testing on the cap'd cables. Just moving them away from the end of the cables increased ripple. So just imagine what removing them does. (FYI the CM capped cables have them places so they are behind the mobo tray to keep things tidy.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 18-12-18, 01:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I agree that making cables out of spec is not cool. They really shouldn't be doing that.