Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-08-17, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
to equalize your up, and down speeds. But in general it is pathetic.
It's the difference between cobber and fiber. In cobber the line is in most cases asymmetrical, as the line can't carry as much data. Every time i have updated my line, i have revived a new home box, as faster speed requires a new standard.

As to the, it's easier in smaller countries? But the companies gets loads more money in the bank in the UK, as the lines seem expensive, and there are more people.

It's the way your government handles it, that's the problem. TDC = Tele Denmark, the nationwide telephone company was owned by the state, but is now private. They own all the cobber lines, and most of the backbone network in Denmark, but by law the need to lease the lines to other companies.
On top of that, the power companies have started an alliance, and are pushing out fiber in different areas in Denmark, so slowly more an more are getting fiber, all the way to the home FTTH https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber_to_the_x

Well there actually is a Wiki about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Denmark

Old 10-08-17, 09:09 AM
OC3D Crew

Oh Korreborg... In my country most of the houses don't even have cable for CableTV. They use ADSL over phone lines, that have so bad wires that IPTV content on TV is lagging. In my parent's house better option was to go Wireless antenna internet. Fiber is just a thought here. Whatever internet you have trust me it is good.
Old 10-08-17, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Well its the ISP's that is the problem. When we moved into our apartment 7 years ago, the internet was crap, and we had cable, but the latency was crap.
It got better over time (probably upgrading their backbone), and buying my own router solved the lag spikes
Then a couple of years ago they went FTTB, so its only the last stretch that is cobber, så i have low latency and pay for 300/60. But in reality its 360/68 most of the time. And they are in the process of upgrading to Docsis 3.1 so 1000mbit is possible.

But the problem is probably too many ISP's, that have to make their own network themselves???
Old 10-08-17, 11:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Friend of mine in Romania is on a 1000Mbps line and pays around £20 for it, I get a 150Mbps line from VM and pay £40 a month with constant service outages and at least 2 price increases per year.

Having worked in various EU countries, The UK is so far behind the rest of Europe in a plethora of ways it's not even funny, Everything here is done against the people and to make life as hard as possible.