Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 06-07-18, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Is that the place of Zen you get your inspiration from?

Could just imagine walking down the isle of frozen food and see a guy in a unicorn onsie deep in meditation hiding among the frozen pizza with a frosticle beard
Have you been spying on me?!?! This is how most of my trips to the supermarket are, despite my fiance's complaints.

Well, I started on the GPU blocks.... not a huge fan tbh and I ran out of blue paint -.- I will try them like this, if I don't like them once they're fitted I will strip them down again and start again! Hopefully when they're in they won't look quite as loud as you won't see as much of the block, we shall see.

Very quick update this time, I am crazy busy at the moment! I go and visit Linus Tech Tips, Jayztwocents and Gamers Nexus in a few days and I am organising that trip.... I wonder if they can teach me how to build a PC ?

Old 06-07-18, 01:21 PM
The Guvnor

Too much RGB

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 06-07-18, 02:19 PM

it needs moar.
Old 06-07-18, 03:17 PM
Bettyswollocks

I'm seeing RG but no B, this is progress! Just need to loose the RG and we can get the modding scene back on track.
Old 06-07-18, 03:32 PM

Old 06-07-18, 07:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post

Very quick update this time, I am crazy busy at the moment! I go and visit Linus Tech Tips, Jayztwocents and Gamers Nexus in a few days and I am organising that trip.... I wonder if they can teach me how to build a PC ?
What paint do you use in your airbrush?
Old 09-07-18, 11:05 AM

it is just some stuff I found at the local hobby store, Tamiya or something like that and I have been using "Omi-Cron 2K Universal Thinner Medium 5L" to thin it.

I have no idea if that is the right thing to do, but I had a huge drum of the thinners kicking about from another project I tried a while back and thought I would try it
Old 09-07-18, 11:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
it is just some stuff I found at the local hobby store, Tamiya or something like that and I have been using "Omi-Cron 2K Universal Thinner Medium 5L" to thin it.

I have no idea if that is the right thing to do, but I had a huge drum of the thinners kicking about from another project I tried a while back and thought I would try it
aha I guess you are using enamel paints then. I guess that is my problem. I am using Acryllic, which even though the finish is nice, smooth and dries fast. Even with laquer it is still prone to easy scratches and chips.

You should try the iwata Eclipse B airbrush. Very good for bigger coverage and also finer detail when necessary.
Old 09-07-18, 12:04 PM

Tbh, i have one that looks similar to that, but it is a cheapo version. Quite honestly I don't think I will ever get to the point where I will be any good at airbrushing as I struggle to learn without seeing someone do it (hence why I have very little in terms of education ). So I don't want to invest too much money into it unless I can get some time with someone who knows what they're doing.

I do know some VERY good airbrush artists though so if I can get them guys to spare me a few hours then I will invest for sure.
Old 09-07-18, 04:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Tbh, i have one that looks similar to that, but it is a cheapo version. Quite honestly I don't think I will ever get to the point where I will be any good at airbrushing as I struggle to learn without seeing someone do it (hence why I have very little in terms of education ). So I don't want to invest too much money into it unless I can get some time with someone who knows what they're doing.

I do know some VERY good airbrush artists though so if I can get them guys to spare me a few hours then I will invest for sure.
Well if you do have any good basic tips please share them. As stupid as they may sound there are some here always eager to learn and those wanting to take a stab at airbrushing.