Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 21-03-18, 09:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Clear with RGB. Only because it is a unicorn.

Old 03-07-18, 12:31 AM

Sorry it has been a while folks! I have been crazy busy in Taiwan, Germany, America and next week I fly to Canada! It's all fun and games, but it has meant I have been neglecting the build logs. Oh, and I have fixed all the images =D

So let's start getting this case sprayed up, I said I didn't want the grills black, and that is the first thing I am going to tackle.

Some of the clips are very easy to get off, just use a craft knife or small screwdriver, some of the others you have to melt the tabs - I just used a soldering iron.

As per usual, a blast of primer first.

Then let's go with those UniKaorn farts!!! colour... colour everywhere.

Second coat to clean it up a little bit

Once the mesh was put back in, it looked rather tasty, I just wasn't sure about the case colour.

Now, I usually use rattle cans, but I have recently starting to use an airbrush - I am still learning, I am a VERY VERY new user.

First I did a test run on the GPU backplate - not a bad job for a first attempt

Then I thought I would try with a small part of the case, hmmm again, not too bad.

So, Let's try with the WHOLE case, first I hit it with some primer.

Then started with the air brush hype

every panel.... with a tiny airbrush. It took ages.

But I did it!!! and now the table is trash

The finish is pretty good too, I haven't done a clear coat yet as i still don't really know what to do with the case.

Once again, I put the mesh back in, white and rainbow barf, what a winner!

Speaking of rainbow barf, let's start on the back panel. ooooooh yeah, taste the rainbow baby! by now, you should know this build isn't serious and I don't intend it to be. I spoke to some of the Cooler Master crew in Taiwan and I think they think I've lost the plot. At least I am having fun!

UNIKAORNS!!!! UNIKAORNS EVERYWHERE!!!!!

I am hoping that I can do what I want here, basically, I want this jumble of unicorns and colour to be like a background, then I want to spray text over it, but, do I have to spray another colour on first in a block so that it stands out?

I.e, do I have to put white on, then the text? I have no idea - this is the first time I have tried to do paint like this.

Whilst I try to figure that out, I thought I would start with the PSU!

It wouldn't be a build without some nice warranty voiding. Remember, if you're doing this, don't touch any capacitors! They can store electricity for quite some time and can give a nice jolt. You can't see any large ones here, but I used a multimeter to discharge the caps.

Now, I can paint the case without getting any paint in the PSU.

A few hours later UniKaorn PSU!

And that is where I'm gonna leave it tonight. Have an old picture of me in the UniKaorn onsie to giggle at this time as I don't really have anything to give you a hint as to what the next update will be this time - sorry!

Old 03-07-18, 07:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post
and next week I fly to Canada!
Better get a head start...

Old 03-07-18, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Better get a head start...
haha, during the emails back and forth, I keep adding the odd "eh?" and "ok buddy" (which I do say anyway), send the mail then realise they probably think that I am just doing it to annoy them
Old 03-07-18, 09:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
haha, during the emails back and forth, I keep adding the odd "eh?" and "ok buddy" (which I do say anyway), send the mail then realise they probably think that I am just doing it to annoy them
haha that's great yeah we got a few on a BMX forum I visit and they do tend to get ripped on a bit very laid back nice people though, so take it on the chin

Canada is awesome. It's like the best part of the U.K, crossed with the nice parts of the U.S.A. (the space, the size, the cars, etc only without all of the murdering).

When I was on my voyage of craziness half way across the U.S.A I was invited to live there. Guy was going to let me live in his converted basement flat. Sometimes I wish the crazy had gone for a while longer and I had said "bugger it" and just gone for it.

Old 03-07-18, 10:00 AM

It will be my first time to Canada, I will be in the Richmond BC area all the time as far as I know, although I do have 1 day where I have nothing planned so I might jump on a train and see where I can get to

It should be interesting I think!
Old 03-07-18, 10:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
It will be my first time to Canada, I will be in the Richmond BC area all the time as far as I know, although I do have 1 day where I have nothing planned so I might jump on a train and see where I can get to

It should be interesting I think!
Yeah it's one hell of a place man. Far safer than the U.S too. Obviously there are bad areas, but nothing like the U.S.

Old 03-07-18, 11:43 AM
OC3D Elite

davido_labido: Hopefully the extreme heat wave we're having doesn't ruin your trip. I'm in the capital (Ottawa), and it's been well above 30C with horrible humidity for the past week, approaching 40C some days, and surpassing 40C if you take the humidex into account.

Old 03-07-18, 01:24 PM

aaah, it will be fine, I have just got back from Taiwan which is like that standard I am good at finding places to hide from the heat..... like supermarkets with large freezers.
Old 04-07-18, 08:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
aaah, it will be fine, I have just got back from Taiwan which is like that standard I am good at finding places to hide from the heat..... like supermarkets with large freezers.
Is that the place of Zen you get your inspiration from?

Could just imagine walking down the isle of frozen food and see a guy in a unicorn onsie deep in meditation hiding among the frozen pizza with a frosticle beard