Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 07-01-19, 09:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Love me some clean tube runs, looks great!

P.S. here's a link to one of the 'new' Typhoons, although not sure how shipping to the UK would be:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/c...black-edition/

Old 07-01-19, 11:06 PM
OC3D Elite

And I thought 4 months was bad lol. Looks great man.

Old 08-01-19, 05:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Damn! That is some sleekness and sexyness if I’ve ever seen it! So clean, makes me wanna get off my own back end do some neat cable management myself
Old 08-01-19, 12:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Curious on the Temp in the CPU. When I did this loop back in my 900D, the flow was so poor into the CPU.

I would have expected things to be normalised or equal throughout, but I even saw that the majority of the coolant was flowing back out of the second GPU and down again towards the end of the loop aka the res. There was very little water moving up to the CPU.

It almost behaved like the CPU had a blockage which I had checked.
Old 14-01-19, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Love me some clean tube runs, looks great!

P.S. here's a link to one of the 'new' Typhoons, although not sure how shipping to the UK would be:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/c...black-edition/
Thanks man, I imagine it'll be another 4-5 years before I look at upgrading though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
And I thought 4 months was bad lol. Looks great man.
Yeaaaaaaah.. I dare say I've been planning to flush & clean the PC for at least a year since the fluid fully separated... Better late than never?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Damn! That is some sleekness and sexyness if I’ve ever seen it! So clean, makes me wanna get off my own back end do some neat cable management myself
Thanks man! Not 100% happy with the cables.. They were impossible to get straight without re cutting/crimping new ones, and as I didn't even want to resleeve that was a definite no go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Curious on the Temp in the CPU. When I did this loop back in my 900D, the flow was so poor into the CPU.

I would have expected things to be normalised or equal throughout, but I even saw that the majority of the coolant was flowing back out of the second GPU and down again towards the end of the loop aka the res. There was very little water moving up to the CPU.

It almost behaved like the CPU had a blockage which I had checked.
It's not the most conventional method, but it does work. Temps atm are better than when I first built the PC - peaking in the mid 60s and the highest core maxes at 67 when under Prime95/Intel Burn Test. I knocked off over 10°C by sanding off my old liquid metal from the CPU and reapplying - almost lapping my CPU.