Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 07-01-19, 09:56 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,075
Love me some clean tube runs, looks great!


P.S. here's a link to one of the 'new' Typhoons, although not sure how shipping to the UK would be:


https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/c...black-edition/

__________________
Guts: Ryzen 2700X / Asus CH7 Hero / 16GB FlareX 3200CL14 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: ADATA SX8200 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads + 1 240 rad / Singularity Computers reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-01-19, 11:06 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 11,899
And I thought 4 months was bad lol. Looks great man.
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 08-01-19, 05:40 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,526
Damn! That is some sleekness and sexyness if I’ve ever seen it! So clean, makes me wanna get off my own back end do some neat cable management myself
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 08-01-19, 12:05 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,644
Curious on the Temp in the CPU. When I did this loop back in my 900D, the flow was so poor into the CPU.

I would have expected things to be normalised or equal throughout, but I even saw that the majority of the coolant was flowing back out of the second GPU and down again towards the end of the loop aka the res. There was very little water moving up to the CPU.

It almost behaved like the CPU had a blockage which I had checked.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 14-01-19, 08:53 PM
Shaw's Avatar
Shaw Shaw is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Stoke
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Love me some clean tube runs, looks great!


P.S. here's a link to one of the 'new' Typhoons, although not sure how shipping to the UK would be:


https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/c...black-edition/
Thanks man, I imagine it'll be another 4-5 years before I look at upgrading though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
And I thought 4 months was bad lol. Looks great man.
Yeaaaaaaah.. I dare say I've been planning to flush & clean the PC for at least a year since the fluid fully separated... Better late than never?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Damn! That is some sleekness and sexyness if I’ve ever seen it! So clean, makes me wanna get off my own back end do some neat cable management myself
Thanks man! Not 100% happy with the cables.. They were impossible to get straight without re cutting/crimping new ones, and as I didn't even want to resleeve that was a definite no go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Curious on the Temp in the CPU. When I did this loop back in my 900D, the flow was so poor into the CPU.

I would have expected things to be normalised or equal throughout, but I even saw that the majority of the coolant was flowing back out of the second GPU and down again towards the end of the loop aka the res. There was very little water moving up to the CPU.

It almost behaved like the CPU had a blockage which I had checked.
It's not the most conventional method, but it does work. Temps atm are better than when I first built the PC - peaking in the mid 60s and the highest core maxes at 67 when under Prime95/Intel Burn Test. I knocked off over 10°C by sanding off my old liquid metal from the CPU and reapplying - almost lapping my CPU.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.