Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > MSI UK Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-01-17, 06:13 PM
othertomperson othertomperson is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 9
HB SLI Bridges

So uh are MSI actually planning on releasing any long (80mm) SLI bridges in the UK at all? It seems like forever since Pascal was released (and I bought two MSI Armor 1080s), and still the only HB bridges available at any retailer that I've found have a huge EVGA logo illuminated across the front. (Or a hideous green Nvidia logo)

I could import a nice shiny silver one from the US, if I wanted to pay more on shipping than on the bridge itself...

Kind of getting tired of the whole ugly dual ribbon thing I've been using for the last six months.

Incidentally if anyone's found any that I've missed, please link me.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-17, 11:01 AM
MSIRawZ's Avatar
MSIRawZ MSIRawZ is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 2,319
Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertomperson View Post
So uh are MSI actually planning on releasing any long (80mm) SLI bridges in the UK at all? It seems like forever since Pascal was released (and I bought two MSI Armor 1080s), and still the only HB bridges available at any retailer that I've found have a huge EVGA logo illuminated across the front. (Or a hideous green Nvidia logo)

I could import a nice shiny silver one from the US, if I wanted to pay more on shipping than on the bridge itself...

Kind of getting tired of the whole ugly dual ribbon thing I've been using for the last six months.

Incidentally if anyone's found any that I've missed, please link me.
Stock has been slow to come in. This month and next we'll have them listed at most major resellers.

We have both M (60mm - 3 slot) and L (80mm - 4-slot) versions in Silver/White and Red/Black





The dragon logo is RGB on both models.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-17, 11:19 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,742
Oh I like the silver version.
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-17, 11:40 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,720
What's the RRP on these?
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-17, 11:44 AM
MSIRawZ's Avatar
MSIRawZ MSIRawZ is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 2,319
Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
What's the RRP on these?
£20-30 I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-17, 11:49 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIRawZ View Post
£20-30 I believe.
crikey. Do you know if there's any plans to release non-premium versions of these?
As we've now established, they are literally just two SLi Bridges side-by-side, could there not be a no-frills no-bills version as well?
Or is it likely you guys will just rely on people
1) figuring out 2 standard SLi bridge connectors will do the same job or
2) coughing up for a premium bridge?
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-17, 02:20 PM
Kaapstad's Avatar
Kaapstad Kaapstad is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Skaro visiting family
Posts: 1,993
The silver one looks very classy indeed.
__________________
OC3D Overclockers Club Member
#041

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-17, 02:34 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 21,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
crikey. Do you know if there's any plans to release non-premium versions of these?
As we've now established, they are literally just two SLi Bridges side-by-side, could there not be a no-frills no-bills version as well?
Or is it likely you guys will just rely on people
1) figuring out 2 standard SLi bridge connectors will do the same job or
2) coughing up for a premium bridge?

Most new boards come with no frills ones in the box now (Z270 all did)
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-17, 03:40 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Most new boards come with no frills ones in the box now (Z270 all did)
Nice, that's that question answered then
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-17, 06:33 PM
othertomperson othertomperson is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Thanks! I'll hold onto my two ribbons just a little while longer xD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.