Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-02-20, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
THB, AMD released this so they had a halo product that Intel cannot match. It's a statement.

Yes, this CPU will be very useful for niche markets, but it won't be selling with insane volumes. These CPUs will have decent margins, but it won't do much to help AMD's bottom line. That said, having a CPU like this will help drive sales for their lower-tier products.
Aye it's pure willy waving and good on them.

Old 10-02-20, 11:41 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
THB, AMD released this so they had a halo product that Intel cannot match. It's a statement.

Yes, this CPU will be very useful for niche markets, but it won't be selling with insane volumes. These CPUs will have decent margins, but it won't do much to help AMD's bottom line. That said, having a CPU like this will help drive sales for their lower-tier products.
You are definitely on the money here.
Old 11-02-20, 08:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Not really sure what you're talking about. I was just stating how Intel probably won't be back to Guru3d for benchmark sample the next CPU launch due to the harshness quote above(assuming rest of the article was written similarly).

That said while I agree the 64 core Ryzen cpu is kinda just pointless, that's just me. I'm sure there's a market for such CPUs. Professional environments of course. Hell probably 4k streaming for the lols too.
I wondered the same. But Johnny is quite unbiased on these sorts of things. He is like Tom, says it as he sees it. I would say his review is quite a fair analysis of AMD new offering. Still giving Intel KotH for gaming though, but.. who the hell would get this with the focus on gaming
Old 11-02-20, 08:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Not really sure what you're talking about. I was just stating how Intel probably won't be back to Guru3d for benchmark sample the next CPU launch due to the harshness quote above(assuming rest of the article was written similarly).

That said while I agree the 64 core Ryzen cpu is kinda just pointless, that's just me. I'm sure there's a market for such CPUs. Professional environments of course. Hell probably 4k streaming for the lols too.
I'm talking about releasing a 64 core desktop CPU that is for the most part pointless. TBH? The original TR was pointless to all but everyone.

I'll explain that for you too, so you don't take it in the wrong context.

How many of us bought TR at launch? How many builds have you seen going on with TR in them? I've seen pretty much none. Even on pro modding sites.

Right so going back to my point and the context of it. This CPU is total willy waving. They even gave it a novelty price. You seem to have reacted like that was a bad thing? IDK why. What I meant was good on them, they should be doing exactly that.

Linus could only find about two uses for it.

16 cores? Yeah I can dig that. 32? Bit early. 64 though?

Thankfully AMD have had Intel spend billions on R&D for multi core support for them LOL, so hey in two years time 64 cores may be more than worth it if you're Pixar.