Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 24-04-20, 02:41 PM
News Guru

All-Black Noctua NF-A12x25 fans are coming this summer!

Noctua's best fans are getting the Chromax treatment.

Read more about Noctua's plan to release all-black NF-A12x25 fans.

Old 24-04-20, 03:49 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Love the 2 I have currently. Wish they just released all black from the start but oh well. If I ever get a window in my case I'll switch over
Old 24-04-20, 04:23 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Love the 2 I have currently. Wish they just released all black from the start but oh well. If I ever get a window in my case I'll switch over
Tom spoke to them at Computex about it. With the special plastic they use for the blades, colouring is challenging. It took them a while to get brown to work, never mind black.
Old 24-04-20, 08:02 PM

HURRAY!

Shame they are NZ$50 a pop and I need 7 of them :\
Old 24-04-20, 10:41 PM
OC3D Elite

I posted your article on a different forum regarding these fans, since I'm aware that they are in high demand and well sought out after.

I didn't take any cred away from you, just used your headline of this thread and then linked your article in the post, so they can read your original post.

Hope you don't mind.
Old 24-04-20, 11:02 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Tom spoke to them at Computex about it. With the special plastic they use for the blades, colouring is challenging. It took them a while to get brown to work, never mind black.
Well if they started with black form development then it would have been even better even if it took a few months longer.
Old 25-04-20, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Well if they started with black form development then it would have been even better even if it took a few months longer.
I doubt the timeframe was measured in months. The manufacturing process or tolerances may have not been correct/available.
The price for result may have been way off with what was available etc.
I'd expect the price/process balance was a large part with how long the industrial line has had black available vs in their mainstream line.
Have Noctua ever had a product flop in reference to something not as advertised?
I'm not sure how long or at what speeds one needs to run various fans for blade runout to start causing imbalances, but I've got multiple rigs running around the clock at minimum 50% rpm range that haven't degraded in operation for at least 5 years now (mix of consumer and industrials) and I'd expect many more years of trouble free operation.
On the flip side, I've got a lot of client machines that are only just starting to show fan failure on mostly Corsair lines past the 5 year mark (arch/eng workstations) and those are often neglected in terms of dust filter cleanings/case cleanings so only time will (continue) to tell if the upcharge is truly worth it outside of airflow to noise/power ratings.
Old 31-05-20, 08:02 PM

I need 10 of these like yesterday, its gonna be expensive especially considering I just bought as many new EK fans all of which are failing already and are brand new!