Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
well... without sounding like a grouch. I dislike the smoke from vapers around me as much as i do normal tabacco. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as she asked politely. Courteous people will actually acknowledge the request.
I like to enjoy my coffee/food without the smell of someones silly exotic banana chewing gum flavour with chocolate sprinkles aroma. water vapour or not, the smell of some flavours can make people nauteous.
It's not smoke. It is water vapour, created by water and Propylene Glycol which is used in medicine, orally. Bottom line? it was outside. In the free air. So really I should have just told her to swivel and carried on.

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Quote:
well... without sounding like a grouch. I dislike the smoke from vapers around me as much as i do normal tabacco. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as she asked politely. Courteous people will actually acknowledge the request.
I like to enjoy my coffee/food without the smell of someones silly exotic banana chewing gum flavour with chocolate sprinkles aroma. water vapour or not, the smell of some flavours can make people nauteous.
Likewise. Having to put up with swathes of random aromas when in a busy area just knocks me sick. Yes I prefer it to smoke but doesn't mean you can release all inhibitions and blow it all over people which some vapers like to think.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
No point dude. Ignorant bitch who basically wants to be right and tell some one what to do. So I just said "whatever" and gave her the finger as I was leaving.
Yeah, and in my opinion doing that, makes you just as rude and disrespectful as ever. Had you done that to me, I would have planted my fist in your face. Especially if I had asked you politely if you didn't mind not vaping for 5-10mins. I mean, it's not going to kill you to stop. And not everyone enjoys the flavours you use.

And if quoting your words she said "Excuse me, I know you are not smoking but you are smoking can you please stop". I deem that as somewhat polite.

Quote:
It's not smoke. It is water vapour, created by water and Propylene Glycol which is used in medicine, orally. Bottom line? it was outside. In the free air. So really I should have just told her to swivel and carried on.
You are probably a decent guy in person. But this kind of attitude really triggers me. And its one reason why I left UK. Can't stand people responding like that. I mean yes free air.. but ever heard of respecting others around you?
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Likewise. Having to put up with swathes of random aromas when in a busy area just knocks me sick.
it all comes down to tolerance. When you are in a public place you either accept what is happening around you or you whine about it.

For instance, I take great care about my personal hygiene. Even though I am 17 stone odd I make sure I am bathed, clean, and have on plenty of deodorant and cologne. Why? because I have been out and had to sit there and endure some ahole who reeks like a gorilla's gooch.

Should I say "Hey, buy some deodorant you squeaky git".

As it happens this woman and her friends were talking very loudly. Which I found highly irritating, given that I could barely stand up (three miles standing in less than ten mins) and just wanted a bit of peace and quiet. Should I have gone over and said "Excuse me, please shut your pie hole because it is causing me irritation"?

That is how it is. That is logically what you get when you go into a public place with people in. And, you have no right to complain. Either sit there or don't.

I could never be "that guy" or "that person" because then it would confirm to me that I have a large crack and I am becoming an ahole.
Quote:
You are probably a decent guy in person. But this kind of attitude really triggers me. And its one reason why I left UK. Can't stand people responding like that. I mean yes free air.. but ever heard of respecting others around you?
What do I say to that? well let's see. First of all she was not the cafe owner, and I have been there many times before and vaped my head off with no complaints. IT IS NOT SMOKE it is steam, and she is under educated and stupid. REMEMBER dude, I am autistic. Meaning logic logic logic. It is not smoke it is steam, and it is completely harmless.

And like I said above, it is all about tolerance. If I felt like it I could go around to every table. "Close your mouth when you eat mate" "Stop making that noise when sipping your coffee, dude" and so on. But no. Even as logical and intolerant as god created me I keep my mouth shut. Why? because as I said above, I don't want to be "that guy".

Seriously, she is very lucky that she was not met with a torrent of abuse. I do not do public places very well, and usually take the "fight or flight" approach.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Are you going to blame autism on your response of "whatever" and giving the middle finger? Hope not.

But even if it is harmless, yes there are those uneducated. Don't see why people must read up on vaping to realise that there is a smell in the air of some candy a 5 year old might eat that is ruining their meal/drink.

If people are talking loud, I will politely ask them to tone down the volume. We have people vaping here outside, I will even ask them if they don't mind pausing a while, in my broken Norwegian. I have yet to come across a single person who took offence. Some have even conversed with my partner and I instead. Have people lost the guts to actually ask for things now? or do people feel better when they can whine about it later to their mates, throwing in expletives and threats of violence.

Anyway, perhaps better to change subject because it is one thing I really am sick of. Smokers have more respect for their surroundings these days.

On a brighter note... 33C today in Oslo. I can't even enjoy outside it is such direct sun. My dog is hogging the dyson fan giving me nothing!

Dice, I still think you should get one considering your sensitive allergies to dust particles. Its a damn good investment!!!
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

Quote:
it all comes down to tolerance. When you are in a public place you either accept what is happening around you or you whine about it.

For instance, I take great care about my personal hygiene. Even though I am 17 stone odd I make sure I am bathed, clean, and have on plenty of deodorant and cologne. Why? because I have been out and had to sit there and endure some ahole who reeks like a gorilla's gooch.

Should I say "Hey, buy some deodorant you squeaky git".

As it happens this woman and her friends were talking very loudly. Which I found highly irritating, given that I could barely stand up (three miles standing in less than ten mins) and just wanted a bit of peace and quiet. Should I have gone over and said "Excuse me, please shut your pie hole because it is causing me irritation"?

That is how it is. That is logically what you get when you go into a public place with people in. And, you have no right to complain. Either sit there or don't.

I could never be "that guy" or "that person" because then it would confirm to me that I have a large crack and I am becoming an ahole.

What do I say to that? well let's see. First of all she was not the cafe owner, and I have been there many times before and vaped my head off with no complaints. IT IS NOT SMOKE it is steam, and she is under educated and stupid. REMEMBER dude, I am autistic. Meaning logic logic logic. It is not smoke it is steam, and it is completely harmless.

And like I said above, it is all about tolerance. If I felt like it I could go around to every table. "Close your mouth when you eat mate" "Stop making that noise when sipping your coffee, dude" and so on. But no. Even as logical and intolerant as god created me I keep my mouth shut. Why? because as I said above, I don't want to be "that guy".

Seriously, she is very lucky that she was not met with a torrent of abuse. I do not do public places very well, and usually take the "fight or flight" approach.
You're missing the point completely. No one should have to endure something they shouldn't have to just because you deem it ok. You don't have the right to decide for other people. Sums up why I don't like going to public busy places, full of obnoxious and selfish pricks that think I should just put up with it.

(Not 100% targeted at you, but the general case)
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
You're missing the point completely. No one should have to endure something they shouldn't have to just because you deem it ok. You don't have the right to decide for other people. Sums up why I don't like going to public busy places, full of obnoxious and selfish pricks that think I should just put up with it.

(Not 100% targeted at you, but the general case)
That's the thing though, and you said it, you have to put up with things. That is how it is, should you decide to enter a public place of any sort. You either have the tolerance for it, or no crap you shouldn't be there. And yes, it sucks having to swallow other people's annoying habits (trust me, she sounded like a frigging fog horn) but that is life.

When I am out I am silent, and I smell nice (so others don't have to endure a stink*) and so on. So it kinda grinds my gears when some stupid old woman comes over to me and talks BS.

*Last week (or the week before I can't remember) I went on my first train ride alone in over five years. I was sat by the exit doors (autistic thing, in case the train crashes) and some guy came to stand up near me for the next station. He put his hand up to hold the rail, and his armpit was sodden and about 10" from my face. He absolutely frigging REEKED. You could tell he hadn't even tried to bother with deodorant.

So believe me, people who think their poo poos don't stink? they are frigging deluded. And I am usually the guy to point it out to them too. I can only imagine she got the watered down response because I was absolutely knackered.

Any way, back to nicer things. Here is my ride (three miles in under ten minutes on gearing far too light)

You may wanna mute the sound. Not figured out how to dub music on yet..

Me trying to relax haha.

And what I was riding.

And me out yesterday riding my new Proper BSH

Old Today, 12:13 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Anybody have any experience with the Dell S2716DG? The 1440p 144hz GSync monitor? Came out in 2015 but honestly it's still amongst the few 1440p GSync monitors that aren't overpriced.

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die