Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 13-05-20, 02:34 PM

Congrats on your first watercooled build!

Old 13-05-20, 02:43 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
The order doesnt really matter. Everything normalises anyway. Only suggestion id make is swap the inlet and outlet on the rad. It would allow short tubing.

Aside from that, welcome to the world of addictive watercooling! nice work

also.. your pump mount looks fine. Wouldnt worry too much about it unless you plan on shaking your case alot
I only suggested that change from an aesthetics point of view as (imo) it's make the tubing runs better.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-05-20, 02:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's much better

It's definitely something you will want to invest in and improve as you go.
Thanks

Quote:
The order doesnt really matter. Everything normalises anyway. Only suggestion id make is swap the inlet and outlet on the rad. It would allow short tubing.

Aside from that, welcome to the world of addictive watercooling! nice work

also.. your pump mount looks fine. Wouldnt worry too much about it unless you plan on shaking your case alot
I was going to route that way but found it easier in terms of preventing kinks to go as I did.

When I do eventually go hardline I will make it more ascetics focused for sure.
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Custom Loop | Patriot Viper Steel 4133 @ 3600 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho Pro Tempered Glass | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 13-05-20, 03:12 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Thanks

I was going to route that way but found it easier in terms of preventing kinks to go as I did.

When I do eventually go hardline I will make it more ascetics focused for sure.
Fair!

Congrats either way! Enjoy!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-05-20, 03:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Looking a lot better with the new pump and res, welcome in the world of watercooling!
Old 13-05-20, 11:00 PM
OC3D Elite

How do I deal with potential increases in air pressure?
Is it enough to just loosen one of the plugs on the top res cap? Logic says it should be ok
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Custom Loop | Patriot Viper Steel 4133 @ 3600 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho Pro Tempered Glass | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 13-05-20, 11:32 PM
OC3D Elite

If you have bled it and burped it and there are no bubbles left in the coolant then you can do up the res cap. You only need to worry about loop pressure when you have a lot in it. Like, a big CPU and GPU for example. You used to be able to get pressure release valves but they don't seem to be available any more.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-...wc-32w-aq.html

Actually yes you can.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-T...YAAOSwaEZcdvIf

I would also add one of those to your wish list as the coolant temp is the most important temp of all.

Old 14-05-20, 07:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
How do I deal with potential increases in air pressure?
Is it enough to just loosen one of the plugs on the top res cap? Logic says it should be ok
Yes thats fine. Curious what your coolant temp is like if you are thinking about air pressure. But only temporary to release the pressure. Dont leave it loose of your coolant will evaporate away.
Old 14-05-20, 11:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If you have bled it and burped it and there are no bubbles left in the coolant then you can do up the res cap. You only need to worry about loop pressure when you have a lot in it. Like, a big CPU and GPU for example. You used to be able to get pressure release valves but they don't seem to be available any more.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-...wc-32w-aq.html

Actually yes you can.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-T...YAAOSwaEZcdvIf

I would also add one of those to your wish list as the coolant temp is the most important temp of all.
Cheers matey thermometer added to my list.
Only the res has tiny little bubbles around its walls, I guess they will go in time.

Quote:
Yes thats fine. Curious what your coolant temp is like if you are thinking about air pressure. But only temporary to release the pressure. Dont leave it loose of your coolant will evaporate away.
It pretty cool, not seen my cpu above 50c yet, I was more curious than worried about pressure.
Old 14-05-20, 11:13 AM
OC3D Elite

lol don't think I have once cared for monitoring coolant temp in my entire watercooling life.

The simple pump touch/ rad touch is enough for me. Or just looking at the waterdrops gathering in the top of the res. Even then, that has been once in a blue moon.