Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Old N Gold

The master of controversy, HARDOCP, has released a full review of the MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z (performs up to 19% faster than an aftermarket GTX 1080).

The interesting bit is his update post at the bottom of the conclusion.

He's been asked to take it down of course, but refuses to. Because he didn't sign any NDA's, he feels he's covered and sourced the card by other means.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018...ance_review/12

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Apparently AMD has implemented a new 'gaming mode' in the TR2 WX processors called Dynamic Local Mode. They're quoting up to 47% performance gains in certain games. From the way I understand it, by offloading application threads that are most demanding to the CPU cores that have direct access to system DRAM, they can improve performance in applications that benefit from multithreading. However only the WX processors have the ability to choose between accessing memory directly or from the Infinity Fabric.

https://community.amd.com/community/...?sf199456686=1
Quote:
The master of controversy, HARDOCP, has released a full review of the MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z (performs up to 19% faster than an aftermarket GTX 1080).

The interesting bit is his update post at the bottom of the conclusion.

He's been asked to take it down of course, but refuses to. Because he didn't sign any NDA's, he feels he's covered and sourced the card by other means.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018...ance_review/12
It's totally understandable, MSI is no doubt getting a lot of pressure from Nvidia over this.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
It's totally understandable, MSI is no doubt getting a lot of pressure from Nvidia over this.
Definitely. I personally don't agree with hurting the innocent to spite the guilty, but each to his own. And I guess you could argue that he's simply releasing content when he feels like it, which he is apparently entitled to do.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Definitely. I personally don't agree with hurting the innocent to spite the guilty, but each to his own. And I guess you could argue that he's simply releasing content when he feels like it, which he is apparently entitled to do.
From Nvidia's perspective, they do not know that MSI didn't supply Hard OCP. Hard OCP's clarification will help in this regard, but they somehow got access to pre-release drivers, which means that somebody messed up somewhere.

What comes to mind is the Intel Kaby Lake series, where reviews released months in advance from multiple outlets. In that case, plenty of early reviews redacted information so that they did not implicate any motherboard makers. There are ways of releasing early reviews without burning bridges with any AIB partners or PC reps, assuming that you got access to hardware without an NDA.

Regardless, the question Nvidia will be asking themselves is how HardOCP got a driver to run the graphics card. It's not like pre-release drivers are just sitting around.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
If he didn't sign the NDA Nvidia can't touch him legally. But they have other means to make your life living hell. They will rip the souls of those who sourced the GPU.
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

looks interesting from AMD

https://youtu.be/6r8C981qGfY