Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-10-18, 08:36 PM
OC3D Elite

I just remembered to watch the video, and this looks like a pretty sweet toy. Is Aqua Computer software free, or are they making you pay for it? I thought there was some controversy about that a while back, but I'm old and have a fuzzy memory.

Old 12-10-18, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I just remembered to watch the video, and this looks like a pretty sweet toy. Is Aqua Computer software free, or are they making you pay for it? I thought there was some controversy about that a while back, but I'm old and have a fuzzy memory.
When you buy an Aqua Computer Aquaero, you get the current and next version for free, but I guess after that they charge.

I'll have to ask around to see if this pump operates without an Aquaero with the software, because in the video, the PC had one equipped, but it also has a USB port on the pump, so it may actually work without one.

If it does work without one, the cable routing nightmare hinted at @0:59 in the video wouldn't be there, because all you'd need would be the fan connections, usb, and power. The Aquabus etc cables wouldn't be needed.

Been a while since I've been here, so I don't know if Shoggy or any of their team hangs out here, but they do over at the thread at OCN (Aquaero Owner's Club), and he's pretty good with same-day answers.

Late Edit: There is an Aqua Tuning customer support forum here. Maybe you can ask there.

Even later edit: From the webpage for the pump:

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product...oducts_id=3785

"Notes on the aquasuite software:
This product contains a license for the current version of the aquasuite software and for the following annual version. Please note that an internet connection is required for the installation and activation of the software. Further information about the licensing and activation of the aquasuite software can be found here."
The Legendary Black Beast of Aaargh!: i7-4790K, Delidded, CLU/CLU TIMs, 4.6 GHz @ 1.275Vcore (24/7), 32GB DDR3-2400, Corsair H100i GTX, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK, MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming 4G @ 1440 MHz +78mV, Corsair Obsidian 750D

OC3D Overclockers Club Member Nr. #063

Old 13-10-18, 03:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Interesting, thanks for the info. I guess I'd be semi-ok with that (what choice do you have really), as long as my license didn't expire and the older versions are still functional.

Old 14-10-18, 11:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Impressive... Video should be run at 50% it is too fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5vdj View Post
I ran it at 0.25 and that seemed a bit slow, but definitely run at least at 50%. Too much information way too fast at 100%.
Yup, agreed. For someone who used to do a lot of video editing, with such effects, this was just a nightmare. It was literally 1-3 seconds of "show time" between the intro effect of each components name, to the outro of it.

You literally need to pause every 2-5 seconds in order to actually read what they say as the editing was just too fast. It was nicely done etc, but they made it too fast in the transitions etc.