Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 27-05-20, 09:56 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 17,973
AMD's Radeon Software 20.5.1 driver packs 19 bug fixes

AMD Link has also been updated.



Read more about AMD's Radeon Software 20.5.1 driver.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-05-20, 11:08 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,025
I'm quite looking forward to the driver after this one which will enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in the Windows 10 May update, Intel and Nvidia already have a driver our for it, Just waiting on AMD to support WDDM 2.7.



__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-05-20, 07:33 AM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,681
Still getting hard crashes (black screen & reboot) on this driver in games (F1 2019 for example) and gpu accelerated apps (firefox, chrome, edge) on my Radeon VII, reinstalled 19.5.2 which is perfectly stable...


Edit: @Wyp - When are you newsie people on the web gonna club together and give AMD some stick for the terrible drivers especially on their top of the line card which is pretty much non functional on any recent driver? I really do get the impression that AMD have a lot of people on thier payroll as no media groups seem to be making noise about it....
__________________

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-05-20, 08:02 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 17,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Still getting hard crashes (black screen & reboot) on this driver in games (F1 2019 for example) and gpu accelerated apps (firefox, chrome, edge) on my Radeon VII, reinstalled 19.5.2 which is perfectly stable...


Edit: @Wyp - When are you newsie people on the web gonna club together and give AMD some stick for the terrible drivers especially on their top of the line card which is pretty much non functional on any recent driver? I really do get the impression that AMD have a lot of people on thier payroll as no media groups seem to be making noise about it....
They get plenty of stick about their drivers online. There is a reason why this driver article has to tell Radeon users where to go to report issues.

TBH, I haven't experienced these issues on any of the Radeon GPUs that I regularly use. If I had a Radeon VII, I'd love to see if I come across the same issues as you in the same games, but unfortunately, this isn't something that I can test right now.

It's not a matter of getting paid off. My life would be a lot more financially comfortable if that were the case. I'm just not going to dedicate an article to driver issues that I have never seen that are often based on random social media posts.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-05-20, 08:31 AM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Still getting hard crashes (black screen & reboot) on this driver in games (F1 2019 for example) and gpu accelerated apps (firefox, chrome, edge) on my Radeon VII, reinstalled 19.5.2 which is perfectly stable...


Edit: @Wyp - When are you newsie people on the web gonna club together and give AMD some stick for the terrible drivers especially on their top of the line card which is pretty much non functional on any recent driver? I really do get the impression that AMD have a lot of people on thier payroll as no media groups seem to be making noise about it....
Not saying that this is what you're doing but one of the things that the drivers seem to be bad at doing is installing over the top of the old drivers, I've found that with my RX5700XT that if I select the advance driver where it lets you uninstall the old drivers first it tends to give less issues, otherwise a DDU clean with fresh install tends to be a good start too, I honestly think half the issues too are due to the amount of Windows updates wrecking things especially the build updates.
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-05-20, 08:45 AM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Not saying that this is what you're doing but one of the things that the drivers seem to be bad at doing is installing over the top of the old drivers, I've found that with my RX5700XT that if I select the advance driver where it lets you uninstall the old drivers first it tends to give less issues, otherwise a DDU clean with fresh install tends to be a good start too, I honestly think half the issues too are due to the amount of Windows updates wrecking things especially the build updates.

Fresh install of windows every time, and yes I agree that windows probably has something to do with it also, but AMD should be on top if it, nvidia doesnt have these issues.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Not saying that this is what you're doing but one of the things that the drivers seem to be bad at doing is installing over the top of the old drivers, I've found that with my RX5700XT that if I select the advance driver where it lets you uninstall the old drivers first it tends to give less issues, otherwise a DDU clean with fresh install tends to be a good start too, I honestly think half the issues too are due to the amount of Windows updates wrecking things especially the build updates.

Id send you my card if I had a spare, with regards to bug reporting AMD should do their own testing and release stable drivers.
__________________

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-05-20, 09:08 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 17,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post

Id send you my card if I had a spare, with regards to bug reporting AMD should do their own testing and release stable drivers.
Agreed. These issues shouldn't exist and AMD deserves the stick they get for it. I do know that they are working on these issues and that they are investing more than ever into their drivers.

Things like this will take time to fix, and I really hope that AMD can get it sorted as soon as possible. They need to fix this if they want more support from OEMs.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-05-20, 04:43 PM
Mr. Smith's Avatar
Mr. Smith Mr. Smith is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,113
Interesting. I've had a few 5700 and 5700xt looking for what I considered a decent cooling solution. I've not had any issues I can recall with drivers except if I I overclocked
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-05-20, 11:09 PM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Fresh install of windows every time, and yes I agree that windows probably has something to do with it also, but AMD should be on top if it, nvidia doesnt have these issues.





Id send you my card if I had a spare, with regards to bug reporting AMD should do their own testing and release stable drivers.
Mate I know how you feel cause at first I had nothing but issues with black screens and game crashes etc and it has been better, although when I changed to 20.4.2 I've noticed stuttering in Star Citizen that I didn't have before, so they still don't have every thing right, I think and hope they'll eventually get it all sorted and thing will improve for everyone.
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29-05-20, 06:05 AM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Mate I know how you feel cause at first I had nothing but issues with black screens and game crashes etc and it has been better, although when I changed to 20.4.2 I've noticed stuttering in Star Citizen that I didn't have before, so they still don't have every thing right, I think and hope they'll eventually get it all sorted and thing will improve for everyone.

I'm not really to bothered to be honest because 19.5.2 drivers are 100% stable, but some day these drivers are gonne be obsolete and will not work.
I have invested heavily in this gpu (waterblock etc) so I would like to have it for at least two more years to come.
__________________

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.