Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 06-04-20, 08:11 AM
News Guru

OC3D Isolation Thread - How are you coping?

With the whole COVID-19 situation, most of us are spending a lot more time at home these days. This thread is a place where we can talk about that.

What apps have you been using to keep in touch with people, what activities are you taking part in to stave off boredom, etc etc. Perhaps you will get some good ideas for in-home activities from this thread.

Example - What I've been doing

As for myself, I've been making an effort to call/video call people, especially those who don't use the internet (my Grandmother specifically). I have also been playing regular online games with friends and D&D over apps like Google Hangouts at the weekend.

I had to celebrate my 1-year anniversary with my Girlfriend over Skype. We took the virtual tour of Buckingham Palace in the afternoon and then cooked together in the evening. It ended up being good fun, but it was a shame that I couldn't see her in person. Last weekend we also ended up watching The Lion King while we talked over Skype.

Anyway, I hope this thread will prove to be useful to some of you.

Old 06-04-20, 10:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Doing alright, im used to being home so self isolation isn't to terrible, but just knowing i can't go visit or have anyone over for a long time put a big dent in my morale.

I play loads of games now, have a bunch of calls with people and just trying to stay good and understanding to the people around me that can't cope so well, it's taxing but i will manage.
Old 06-04-20, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

I have a zoom room for all my family and friends so we can all keep in touch. I have also gone back to basics in the kitchen using my catering skills which I gained back in the 90's.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 06-04-20, 12:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice thread Mark,
I'm mostly doing what I always do which is go feed my animals come home and play some Borderlands 3 and as for the night time it's mainly Star Citizen and the rest of the time is doing my carer duties.
I don't have friends outside of online really so it's pretty easy for me, but I hope all the rest of my OC3D family is doing well
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE
Old 06-04-20, 01:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Well as some of you will know I self isolate any way. Long term I only really see my mother and my care worker. My care worker started isolating weeks ago.

So not much has changed for me. I am at mum's, she has a garden, and I have too many bikes that need full restoration should the weather stay good.

I am feeling a little depressed. Not because of isolation (I got used to that years ago) but just because of the bad stuff happening, and mostly idiots who can't heed a few simple warnings. It's them who will slow this down and drag it on longer.

The news is also getting me down. Well, the fake news.

That said every night around 5ish I have found myself shutting everything off and listening to the birds singing. Just a reminder that life is going on. It's also very relaxing.

Old 06-04-20, 04:00 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I have just been playing bannerlord constantly. Such a fun game. Other than that I'm always self isolated so really it's just another day for me
Old 06-04-20, 04:52 PM
OC3D Elite

I've completed HL2, Ep 1 and Ep 2. Started DNF last night.

The last of the modding bits came in for the USB cable to the sound card, so I can crack on with that when I feel like it. The weather is improving by day though, so I might just have to crack out a BMX frame and set to work out in the garden

Old 06-04-20, 05:02 PM
OC3D Elite

I've been very lucky to be in a position where I can still work, even now I'm in full house quarantine and will have to remain so for another week or so, some businesses I work with have had to put things on pause but I've been helping some others on bringing educational & child fitness products to market rapidly in the mean time which has kept me busy (Which I think is important to staying mentally healthy).

Besides that, playing online with friends in the evening has kept me in touch with everyone, fair bit of CoD:Warzones and some healthy doses of F1 2019 too recently. Been watching the new Cosmos: Possible Worlds too, very relaxing and interesting series, and usually I have Limmy's streams on in the morning, looking forward to the debut of his new BBC show this weekend too.
Old 06-04-20, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

For my sin's i'm still on the road to support our customers in the nhs/private hospital , police , mod and odd retail shops , all so they can have coffee to help them through the day
Old 06-04-20, 05:08 PM
Resident Newb

Been playing A LOT of WoW, Stopped playing a few months after Legion came out as my job didn't permit it, Just bought the Shadowlands Complete Epic Edition for £94.99 which includes all expansions to date including the upcoming Shadowlands expansion, A 110 and 120 level boost, Shadowlands pet, Shadowlands mount and 60 days of game time, Then I also bought the BFA Digital Deluxe package for £13 which includes the collectors edition mount and pet, So now I have -

WoW - Base
Burning Crusade - Collectors Edition
The Wrath of the Lich King - Collectors Edition
Cataclysm - Collectors Edition
Mists of Pandaria - Collectors Edition
Warlords of Draenor - Collectors Edition
Legion - Collectors Edition
Battle for Azeroth - Collectors Edition
Shadowlands - Collectors Edition

WoW overload XD