Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Overclocking

Old 10-04-18, 06:14 AM

Asrock z370 K6

Just overclocked my 15 8600k and up to 5MHz at 1.3 volts with temps in the 60's. Dont understand so many settings and I think the BIOS creators go out of their way to make things as different as possible from other manufacturers.

I think I got the main ones, 50 ...1.3V , LLC set at2 ( goes from 1 to 5 with 5 the bottom ) ,and cpu cache at 44

But so many others out there:

should I turn these off ? :

Intel SpeedStep Technology Intel SpeedStep technology allows processors to switch between multiple frequencies and voltage points for better power saving and heat dissipation.
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Intel Turbo Boost Technology enables the processor to run above its base operating frequency when the operating system requests the highest performance state.
Intel Speed Shift Technology Enable/Disable Intel Speed Shift Technology support. Enabling will expose the CPPC v2 interface to allow for hardware controlled P-sates.

are these worthwhile ?

Long Duration Power Limit Configure Package Power Limit 1 in watts. When the limit is exceeded, the CPU ratio will be lowered after a period of time. A lower limit can protect the CPU and save power, while a higher limit may improve performance
Long Duration Maintained Configure the period of time until the CPU ratio is lowered when the Long Duration Power Limit is exceeded.
Short Duration Power Limit Configure Package Power Limit 2 in watts. When the limit is exceeded, the CPU ratio will be lowered immediately. A lower limit can protect the CPU and save power, while a higher limit may improve performance

Old 10-04-18, 06:29 AM

Have REalbench , CPUID, HWmonitor and coretemp and Cinebench...all freebies and thinking of getting AIDA64 as its not that expensive. Is it worthwhile ? what other programs would be ok

btw: anyone capable of naming the pretty face that inhabits my desktop window ?