Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Overclocking

Old 05-12-13, 12:35 AM

Smile AMD FX-8350 + Gigabyte FXA-UD3 = no overclocking?

Hello there! As stated in the title I have the FX-8350 cpu and a Gigabyte FXA-UD3 board. Gigabyte released a bios update before I got the cpu to make the cpu work, and it works like a charm. but now I want to overclock it a little, and I noticed it wont let me? I can't touch a single thing related to overclocking in the bios, not even the RAM, without the bios telling me to turn it off when I try to boot the pc. All I get is a "Click here to get to bios to turn *blabla* off."

Is this suposed to happen? I totaly understand if overclocking isnt supported since the cpu was released a while after the motherboard, I have the rev 1.0 version too so.

But I just want to see if there would be a way, since I do want to increase the boost clock a little bit, just to see if I get any more performance from some cpu-heavy games I play. Altough with my Radeon 7850 2gb it may not give much of a boost. But still! I want to try

So if anyone got a similar setup and/or can help me at all, please do! Maybe it's some setting I have to turn off? altough I didn't have to with my old Phenom 955 be.

Best Regards,

Dennis.
| Intel i5 4670K @ Stock w/ MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Noctua NH-D14 | XFX Radeon HD7850 2gb @ 920/1255mhz | 8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengence @ 1600mhz | Corsair HX 750w 80+ Gold | NZXT H2 Case | Kingston SSD 120gb | Western Digital Black 7200rpm 64mb Cache | Mods: Side fan ^-^

Tags
amd, corsair, gigabyte, nzxt, xfx