Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 30-10-16, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Can you get blue fan things? it would look sooo much better.
Fan things? You mean the rings?

The mb lights up red when powered as well, so i think it actually accentuates that, which is why i chose to leave them red.

Old 07-11-16, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member

Well, here we are. At the end of the project.

I have managed to boot the PC up, and get it installed in it's new home...

This home is a temporary home - until I get myself a bigger/more appropriately sized desk. But for now, it will do!

I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I have!
Old 07-11-16, 04:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Looks good but my only critique is the red accents with all the blue just don't quite look right
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 2400Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 07-11-16, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Looks good but my only critique is the red accents with all the blue just don't quite look right
I understand, it's a bit vegemite. Unfortunately about half of it is red leds built into the board, and i have no idea on how to change that.

If i could, then i would consider modding the mb by painting it and switching out the leds.
Old 07-11-16, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Like it but yeah, that red. I wish you could get push on PCIE covers. Well, that or I had a 3D printer

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old 07-11-16, 08:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Just fill up the PCI slots with another GPU and an NVME SSD. That'll cover the red nicely.

Old 06-06-17, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry for the necro, just providing a quick update regarding the colour of the fluid 6+ months later, and advising of an update that is currently being planned for when i do the next lot of maintenance (probably in 5-6 months).

The colour has not changed as yet. It is the same blue as the day it was originally put in. I have not got particularly hot components though, so maybe that is why.

I'm currently planning on addressing the red comments from earlier. Long term, the fix will be to buy a black motherboard and updated cpu, but for now, I'm thinking of the quickest avid easiest way to cover it up, without risking the board itself.

If you guessed "vertical gpu" then you are on my wavelength. I bought the cooler master vertical bracket, and intend to remove all the pci slots when i do my next year down. Due to this by necessity changing the tubing runs, i also intend to decouple the pump/res (making then two independent units), turn the 360 rad on its head, and hide more of the tubing under the false floor i created.

I think that this will make the aforementioned red much less onerous, as well as cleaning up the lines of tubes.

Thoughts?